The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
@ Yello

I will always rate Zamora after his goals for West Ham in a play off semi final knocked out that team from Suffolk !

yello

Any signings with your mob Yello?

Yes, no-one to set the world alight though. A winger from Stoke today and a centre-back from Forest yesterday. Combined spend of £2M. I was half-expecting to loose one or two though, to reduce the wages bill. Though I was getting panicky when I read a rumour that Beckford was a target for West Ham.

I imagine Leeds supporters will be glad to see the back of Simon Grayson with 18 games still to go. But who next - Neil Warnock perchance?

yello

Grayson did ok for a while there. Leeds had some good results last season, no? Even if they didn't achieve the holy grail. He had a good tenure by current standards. Managers seem these days to be judged too quickly, imho. The business side of the club starting to increasingly dictate hirings & firings. Still, they know it goes with the territory. Every dog has its day etc.

colly

Re member eR
Simon Grayson should have stayed.
He has shown he can get do well as a manager. The problem for Leeds is further up the ladder. Has been for years.
It's difficult to see how ''Dodgy'' Bates can expect any manager to do well when the best players are allowed to leave and that loan players are the only replacement.
I'm sure the rest of the team have been looking around and thinking ''WTF am I doing here wasting my career''.

Warnock? Maybe but that looks like it might be a re-run of the Revie/Clough debacle.

Then again Bates is keen on short-termism so probably.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think Warnock would be perfect for the rest of the season, and I suspect his 'availability' cooked Grayson's goose.

Saha to Spurs? Has 'Arry seen something we haven't?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think Warnock would be perfect for the rest of the season, and I suspect his 'availability' cooked Grayson's goose.

Saha to Spurs? Has 'Arry seen something we haven't?

Yeah, another bag of dodgy cash...

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Wednesday have signed John Bostock on loan from Spurs. Does anybody know anything about him, and will he be an asset in our relentless charge towards promotion?:smile:
yeah he is one of our cast offs, Johnnie Big Time, Palace were too small for him. Since leaving he has done zero zilch nada, and by some reports he is disruptive, so good luck lol

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Blimey
423698_10150565962127259_86037497258_8884281_812972456_n.jpg
that is ridiculous. Is his mum going to bring his sandwiches on at half time?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
How many English managers can anyone name who aren't crap?

They mostly seem stuck in the seventies, unable to come up with anything more innovative than "Battling", "Getting stuck in", and "Putting your body in the way". listening to them talk about the game is like watching a sporting version of Life on Mars.

Doseone

Guru
How many English managers can anyone name who aren't crap?

I was going to say Brendan Rodgers, Paul Lambert and Karl Robinson. But only one of those is English. So perhaps you have a point.

Also, has anyone else seen the new look BBC football webpages. Hideous. Really nasty bright yellow. Also, they can't seem to get the scores right, and they are always a few minutes behind live. I tend to use flashscores these days.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was going to say Brendan Rodgers, Paul Lambert and Karl Robinson. But only one of those is English. So perhaps you have a point.

Also, has anyone else seen the new look BBC football webpages. Hideous. Really nasty bright yellow. Also, they can't seem to get the scores right, and they are always a few minutes behind live. I tend to use flashscores these days.

It was a big shock when I logged on to it this evening.

Top Bottom