The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
Some of the commentators on local radio can be good value. I heard a Radio Cambs guy call the ref 'a bald alcoholic moron' a year or so back! There was a guy at radio Derby who's name escapes me, whose bias was the stuff of legend. And for passion, you'd struggle to beat this clip (scroll to 18 seconds in) as Norwich desperately needed a win against Derby to help secure promotion. (It's 2-2 after about 93 minutes)

Haha classic. He's an excitable chap:laugh:

brokenflipflop

Veteran
But will you beat the mighty Canaries next Saturday ?
Let me explain how it works - if Man U. lose, it doesn't ever matter about our results, all that matters is Utd lose.

As you dicked on us when we were at home, a win doesn't seem likely, but then predicting Bolton's results has always proved a very difficult business judging by the state of my William Hill account :smile:

mangaman

I agree with the Canaries fan upstream; home to Leicester is winnable. Tough match for both sides though that one, no clear favourite I'd said (given Leicester's current form).

More than winnable!

Norwich are the most in-form in the Premier at the moment if you look at all of their last 6 matches (and that doesn't include the away win at WBA in the cup of course. Can't see it being too tough. :whistle:

http://www.footymad.net/football-form-tables/

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Norwich are the most in-form in the Premier at the moment if you look at all of their last 6 matches (and that doesn't include the away win at WBA in the cup of course. Can't see it being too tough. :whistle:
Beware the second half of the season though, Mangaman. The novelty wears off, the other teams have got the measure of you and the higher pace of the top division begins to take it's toll. Look at Blackpool last year, contenders for Europe before Christmas, couldn't buy a point afterwards and through the trap door at the end of the season.

yello

Anyone keeping an eye on the final hour transfers?

Has Elvis been spotted on the M6 on-route to signing for Man City?

yello

Our resident QPR fans must have day jobs as it's been a busy day on the transfer market for them.

I see Djibril Cisse (or Papa Smurf, as I'd prefer to have him known) is on his way to Loftus Road. Personally, I don't rate him. He's industrious, can be a handful for defenders but frankly I don't think he could hit the proverbial cow's arse with a banjo... or even the literal one for that matter. Still, a name signing and shows endeavour.

More interestingly, they've signed Bobby Zamora as well. He's a hit and miss player that has talent but so often fails to deliver. When he's hot, he's hot etc.

Could be an interesting partnership though. Cisse and Zamora.... sounds like an Italian, er, dunno.... lingerie chain? Eurovision duet? children's cartoon show?

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
What's a Norwich fan doing in Bristol...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
West Ham have signed Ravel Morrison from Man U.

Dodgy criminal past and Lord Ferg washed his hands of him. He is tipped to be another Gascoigne on the pitch, could be a good deal for the Hammers provided he doesn't continue to be another Gascoigne off it as well.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blimey
We have signed some 12 year old who walked in off the street....(actually it's Kevin De Bruyne.. he's being loaned back to his club for the rest of the season before joining us)

423698_10150565962127259_86037497258_8884281_812972456_n.jpg

mangaman

Beware the second half of the season though, Mangaman. The novelty wears off, the other teams have got the measure of you and the higher pace of the top division begins to take it's toll. Look at Blackpool last year, contenders for Europe before Christmas, couldn't buy a point afterwards and through the trap door at the end of the season.

Very true SJ, but I think Lambert is a better manager than Holloway. (Now I'm going to get boring to non-canaries)

I think we've got a lot more strength in depth - we have cover in every position. No-one's heard of any of our players, but they were hand picked by Lambert as young, eager to learn and to slot into a specific role.

There are no guarentees - Norwich slipped out of the Prem in about 1994 having nearly won it a year or so earlier by losing a load of games in a row so I've been there and felt the pain. I just feel this year we are better.

We have a manager with an understanding of tactics. He is a cut above the ordinary English middle ranking manager. In the Times a few weeks ago they had a breakdown of managerial tactics. Lambert had used more variation in tactics than any other manager in the Prem - and I think it's worked.

He was the 1st British person to win the Champions League as a player(with Dortmund). He got his coaching badges in Germany as he felt the British ones were outdated. He's so far taken 4th division Wycombe to the Carling Semi-final in 2006, beating Charlton and Fulham and drawing with Chelsea.

He's won 2 successive promotions with Norwich without overburdenning us with ageing pros with inflated wages.

He's a genius as a manager. The 2 most in-form Prem sides according to the form tables meet tomorrow actually - Sunderland vs Norwich. Should be a cracker. :thumbsup:

Doseone

Guru
Our resident QPR fans must have day jobs as it's been a busy day on the transfer market for them.

I see Djibril Cisse (or Papa Smurf, as I'd prefer to have him known) is on his way to Loftus Road. Personally, I don't rate him. He's industrious, can be a handful for defenders but frankly I don't think he could hit the proverbial cow's arse with a banjo... or even the literal one for that matter. Still, a name signing and shows endeavour.

Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo is an improvement on Jay Bothroyd:laugh:

And yes, the day job is an annoyance on transfer deadline day!!

More interestingly, they've signed Bobby Zamora as well.?

Not yet we haven't:sad: That one's not over the line just yet. Hopeful, although not at some of the figures that have been mentioned.

Busy day for us but needed to be 'cos quite frankly we had too many that are just not good enough. Hopefully ship a few out today too.

Any signings with your mob Yello?

Top Bottom