The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sturridge is a cheat, easy penalty. Seen them given one can say but every game I watch these days seems to be ruined by some stupid refereeing decision, or is that just me?

Somewhat mitigated by my very good friend, a Chelsea fan, who cooked me and my tribe a great roast today. Even then, I had to admit how woeful we were yesterday. Hughes or no Hughes, we're not staying up with the current crop.

Fancy Liverpool for the FA Cup.

And Terry...

images.jpg

...we know what you said.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Not sure I'd have been too pleased to get Mcleish, seemed a strange appointment at the time. I remember thinking Martinez would have been good when they were talking about him coming to you, but with hindsight maybe you had a lucky escape there.

We are up at yours on Wednesday...:cheers:

If you are coming up enjoy your evening, but hopefully the points will be ours. I will be there suffering as usual, actually our away form is better and I thought for a while today that may have been the case again. Not to be though.
I was a bit surprised about the Warnock situation, but noticed on some of your forums he wasn't that popular. Got yourselves a good manager now, Mark Hughes was building a good team at Blackburn after keeping them up. He seemed to get a bit carried away going to work for the Arabs and also being an ex player of the biggest rivals is similar to the situation with our manager.
I think he will keep you up this season by whatever it takes and start to build a team as he was doing with Blackburn next season. You certainly have a battler in Joey, and he will stand up and be counted. It is just some of his previous that is questionable.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I know very little about football. So i listen to commentators and try to figure out what is going on etc. So I have realized that one 'commentator'/ host seems to really know his 'onions'. Stan Collymore.

Doseone

Guru
Sturridge is a cheat, easy penalty. Seen them given one can say but every game I watch these days seems to be ruined by some stupid refereeing decision, or is that just me?

Somewhat mitigated by my very good friend, a Chelsea fan, who cooked me and my tribe a great roast today. Even then, I had to admit how woeful we were yesterday. Hughes or no Hughes, we're not staying up with the current crop.

Fancy Liverpool for the FA Cup.

And Terry...

View attachment 6627

...we know what you said.

Dodgy pen, but we were poor by all accounts..I was limited to following it by live text on BBC website. Have signed Samba (no not that one unfortunately) Diakite this evening, but must admit I'd never heard of the guy. Still think there will be more incoming and a hopefully some dead wood outgoing. Shame they cancelled the hand-shake, would have made a great bit of theatre.

If you are coming up enjoy your evening, but hopefully the points will be ours. I will be there suffering as usual, actually our away form is better and I thought for a while today that may have been the case again. Not to be though.
I was a bit surprised about the Warnock situation, but noticed on some of your forums he wasn't that popular. Got yourselves a good manager now, Mark Hughes was building a good team at Blackburn after keeping them up. He seemed to get a bit carried away going to work for the Arabs and also being an ex player of the biggest rivals is similar to the situation with our manager.
I think he will keep you up this season by whatever it takes and start to build a team as he was doing with Blackburn next season. You certainly have a battler in Joey, and he will stand up and be counted. It is just some of his previous that is questionable.

Thanks, won't be there in person unfortunately. Strangely I haven't seen any anti Hughes feeling because of his ex Chelsea status, I think there was just a feeling of general relief that hopefully the rot has stopped. Joey is an odd one. I think we can forgive his off pitch pretentions if he busts a gut for us on the pitch.

yello

And Terry......we know what you said.

I think pretty much everyone knows what he said. I don't think the words themselves are in dispute. What's happening is that some, seemingly Terry included, seems to think they were acceptable or excusable in the context. You know, the stuff that happens in football. Shake hands afterwards and all is forgotten. Personally, I don't buy it and I hope Terry gets slammed for it (despite the fact he is far from the only culprit). But then I'll fully admit that I'm no fan of his and this does cloud my judgement.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak