The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
It was a big shock when I logged on to it this evening.

I can almost picture the scene at White City primary school now......

"Now children, as you all now Penelope's Daddy works at the BBC and he's asked if class 3 would like to redesign the football page of the website"

yello

It's a mess isn't it. Trying to put too much info on the page.

Also buggy - if you collapse the line-ups and tabs, they re-expand when the text updates.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
How many English managers can anyone name who aren't crap?

They mostly seem stuck in the seventies, unable to come up with anything more innovative than "Battling", "Getting stuck in", and "Putting your body in the way". listening to them talk about the game is like watching a sporting version of Life on Mars.
I'm afraid that's all too true, SJ. Then again, the Premiership swallows intelligent managers and turns them in to 'the mistake known as AVB'

Our resident QPR fans must have day jobs as it's been a busy day on the transfer market for them.

I see Djibril Cisse (or Papa Smurf, as I'd prefer to have him known) is on his way to Loftus Road. Personally, I don't rate him. He's industrious, can be a handful for defenders but frankly I don't think he could hit the proverbial cow's arse with a banjo... or even the literal one for that matter. Still, a name signing and shows endeavour.

More interestingly, they've signed Bobby Zamora as well. He's a hit and miss player that has talent but so often fails to deliver. When he's hot, he's hot etc.

Could be an interesting partnership though. Cisse and Zamora.... sounds like an Italian, er, dunno.... lingerie chain? Eurovision duet? children's cartoon show?

Just like last night you mean? ;)

:dance:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Harry Redknapp's team sheet...

spursteamsheet1.png

Attachments

• spursteamsheet1.png
    spursteamsheet1.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 50
The reality is that Harry and Mandaric are both Kranc(jar)s and should be Piennar-ised. Anyone who thinks he should be let off with a Modric sentence, think again. For all his fraudulent behaviour he could walk out a Friedel man in a month or two.

MarkF

Guru
I love football, I still play (at 50), coach an under 14's team, watch my local non-league team (Thackley), and am a season ticket holder at Bradford City.

My eldest son, now 17, first went to Valley Parade in 1999, he saw a very entertaining team that soon got promoted to the Premier League. However, the 5 subsequent seasons of losses and heavy defeats, including 2 relegations, sent him wacko, he now like wrestling, won't watch any football and refuses to admit he ever supported them. My youngest son,13, has only seen losses and relegation, his team has got worse every single season from the day he first went, not even a cup run, nothing, he's spent his whole life watching his team lose, it's friggin debilitating for a child, 11 years of linear decline, I keep thinking we've hit bottom, as low as we can get, but we still manage a bit more. We've only 4 more places left to sink to and I don't know how much more he can take. :sad:

I love football, I still play (at 50), coach an under 14's team, watch my local non-league team (Thackley), and am a season ticket holder at Bradford City.

My eldest son, now 17, first went to Valley Parade in 1999, he saw a very entertaining team that soon got promoted to the Premier League. However, the 5 subsequent seasons of losses and heavy defeats, including 2 relegations, sent him wacko, he now like wrestling, won't watch any football and refuses to admit he ever supported them. My youngest son,13, has only seen losses and relegation, his team has got worse every single season from the day he first went, not even a cup run, nothing, he's spent his whole life watching his team lose, it's friggin debilitating for a child, 11 years of linear decline, I keep thinking we've hit bottom, as low as we can get, but we still manage a bit more. We've only 4 more places left to sink to and I don't know how much more he can take. :sad:

A true football fan you are, supporting your team through thick and thin. The game can bring out the most base emotions.

Being an R has not been easy in more recent years, we've had the near administration of the club on a number of occasions, the circus that was Ecclestone and Briatore and their 'boutique club', a fight with the Chinese Olympic team, the stabbing of Kiyan Prince, the death of Ray Jones, guns in the boardroom and an ensuing trial, the recent Faurlin affair, the ABC Panama loan and the crippling effect it had on the club, Chris Wright the supposed 'QPR fan', losing to Vauxhall Motors, a managerial merry-go-round of ridiculous proportions, price hikes and crazy season ticket prices and now the affair with John Terry. We never seem to be far away from controversy and yet I'd have it no other way despite being a distant son. When we lost to Cardiff in the play-offs back in 2003 it was one of the most memorable occasions for different reasons either side of the football itself.

All the best to the Bradford City mate. :bravo:

yello

I was watching some French league football on tele during the week. I was really quite surprised at the individual levels of skill on display. Almost everyman jack of them could stop the ball dead and beat a man, hit a pass to feet, etc. English football is kick and rush hoof ball in comparison... and yet it's come on a long way recently!

Top Bottom