The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Man City - LOL. Deserved just on this alone....

upload_2016-10-20_20-12-1.png

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Man City - LOL. Deserved just on this alone....

View attachment 148555

How chic. Nobbers

PaulB

Legendary Member
My grandson's first big football match today with me and his dad. We're passing on the privilege like my grandad to my dad and him to me. He did see a bit of a Colne game a couple of weeks ago but today, he'll be in the Kop so the contrast really couldn't be greater.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
My grandson's first big football match today with me and his dad. We're passing on the privilege like my grandad to my dad and him to me. He did see a bit of a Colne game a couple of weeks ago but today, he'll be in the Kop so the contrast really couldn't be greater.
Don't forget the Norwegian phrase books, it will help understand what people are talking about during the match ^_^

PaulB

Legendary Member
What age is he? My grandson is five and I'm not sure if he's ready for the football.
He's 4. I first took his dad when he was the same age but he wanted to leave at half time! Still, Sam has a lot more patience than his dad as he sits through entire games (including extra time) but that's at home so we do have some distraction plans (there's screens downstairs now showing the match and kiosks with hot dogs, sweeties etc). I don't like seeing his face crumple up though when I call for his dad and we have to explain we're going on the Kop and he won't see us for a while. At least he'll be with us this evening!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Don't forget the Norwegian phrase books, it will help understand what people are talking about during the match ^_^
Would you care to explain that one? Maybe you sit in a different part of Anfield to me and know something I don't but I've can't recall ever meeting a Norwegian or of hearing of one with any relation to the club in my life.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Would you care to explain that one? Maybe you sit in a different part of Anfield to me and know something I don't but I've can't recall ever meeting a Norwegian or of hearing of one with any relation to the club in my life.

I'm having a giraffe, mate, a bit of friendly banter and all that. But I am amazed, that as a Liverpool fan, you have never heard of the Norway thing with LFC. Anfield is full of them on matchday, Many a rednose I know has spoken to me about them, and it has become a standing joke, hence us bluenoses giving you a bit of friendly stick. If you spend any time in Liverpool city centre before or after an LFC home game, you will come across loads of them, I guarantee it, I always do.

If you don't fancy looking for Norwegians, you can always keep youself entertained at half time with a game of Spot the scouser on the Kop :hyper:

P.S. Seriously though, I hope your grandson has a wonderful day at his first match, I am sure he will, the way Liverpool have played this season, I am sure they will get the right result to help that happen.

Last edited:
John Arne Riise wants a word...

And a few others:

http://www.lfchistory.net/Stats/PlayerCountries/Details/3

Friday evening/Saturday/Sunday morning, Norwegian airports are 'full' of Norwegian Liverpool fans on their way to Anfield or any away games. Actually a good mate of mine here in Norway, made his first-ever trip to Anfield last month and now wants to move to Liverpool to feel 'the vibe' every time.

In fact the Norwegian Branch of the Liverpool Supporters' Club has, I believe, the largest number of (overseas) fans who travel regularly to games in England.

A quick check on the 'Official Supporters Club Norway' homepage, shows that there are over 400 supporters' branches around the world, with Norway having the largest membership with over 39,000 members.

Naturally they don't all go to the same games, but, still, that's a lot of fans...

Top Bottom