The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Overall, the sentimental fool in me wins and I'm glad he's back, which it seems most are. But, a few fans still haven't forgotten the way he left and find it hard to forgive, and others don't want us to be "Wayne Rooney FC".

The state the club was in, on and off the pitch in 2004 though, he was always going to be sold and the money we got probably saved the club from going under, as well as enabling us to sign a few other players who did a good job for a few years.

As for WRFC, that's the way the world is these days, and if it benefits us by selling a few more shirts, fine. He is nearly 32 though, so I doubt we'll get more than 2, or 3 years at the most out of him.

That Lukaku is a bit tasty :thumbsup:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's going to be a long season...:sad:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Don't get too excited about today, he always scores against West Ham, they must hate him ^_^.

Lethal in front of goal. Play to his strengths and he will get 30 plus goals for you, easy.

I liked him, but despite his goals, some of our fans weren't keen because his first touch is often poor, and he has an annoying habit of getting caught offside time and time again, and after a near miss he tends to stand in the 6 yard box looking up to the heavens with his hands holding his face, instead of getting back in the game. His record against the top sides needs to improve too.

There's probably only Harry Kane who is a better centre forward in the PL, but polish up Lukaku's game and he would be even better still.

Slick

Guru
FB_IMG_1502632160078.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
Jonjo Shelvey...Stupid red card for him.Deserved as we can see by the replays.

Agreed.

Despite losing Lejeune and Dummet early doors, Newcastle were well in the game.

Kane should have been off too.

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
On yesterday's showing, Man U make ominous viewing for any other 'contenders'. They looked just like Chelsea last season after they reorganised themselves post-Arsenal-drubbing: precise, powerful, unplayable. If I was a betting man I'd put money on them for the title. After one game? Yes, after one game - that game. (I'm not a fan, BTW...rather the opposite, if anything.)

Top Bottom