The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow. What a game. Spurs won, but only just.

That was unbelievable!

Twists and turns, upperhand and lowerhand: never seen a game like that ever, I don't think, and I've followed Spurs for 50+ years. I'm out of breath.

Ajax next (which they should win, but Liverpool or Barcelona await).

COYS!

U

User169

Yeah, it's a funny old game.

Tottenham should have beaten Feyenoord in 1974 but lost that game.

On the plus side, they did introduce continental Europe to the delights of football hooliganism.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Men and boys out there last night. In relation to their past successes Man U are turning into a very ordinary side, and according to recent reports the stadium is deteriorating at the same rate.

I have seen a few items regarding the stadium over the last couple of years.
For all the apparent glamour of the stadium on the tv it is supposedly quite dated by modern standards. The items made reference to very little leg room and not the best sight lines. Also it appears very difficult and expensive to expand the main stand because of the railway behind it.
Apparently the Glazers own alot of adjacent land next to the stadium and there was a proposal to move the stadium by rebuilding it on the adjacent land. This would be the same as Tottenham have done.
Cant imagine the Glazers wanting to invest though.
Looks like Ole's honeymoon period is over and the real work starts now.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I'm an Arsenal fan but I have to say "Well done" to Spurs. I might not want to but it would be churlish if I didn't.

So well done lads. Just don't make a habit of winning, eh? :tongue::giggle:

philk56

Guru
I was at the first leg the night before I flew back out to Australia, and caught up with the second leg after waking up this morning. A great start to the day...in the end! I'll be in the middle of Kakadu national park for the first leg of the semi, with possibly little contact with the outside world, so that could be very stressful :unsure: Also a shame that Son got himself booked again and will miss the game.

philk56

Guru
He will be really missed. With Kane out and him banned where will the goals come from.
Cometh the hour...

I remember it very well, unfortunately.

My sports teacher organised a trip and a few of mates went to Rotterdam to watch the game: they were quite traumatised by what they saw in Holland.
I wasn't there but remember it well. That was the beginning of the end for Bill Nick, who was so disillusioned by the events and resigned soon after.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What are the chances of all England finals in the Champions League And Europa League.
3 London teams in Semi finals. Has that ever happened before for?
How many cities across Europe even have 3 top flight teams? London has 6 teams in the Prem, 7 if you include Watford.

Top Bottom