The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
11EAEC30-FE0C-47B4-AC6E-203843DE61FB.jpeg

Manchester City !

vickster

Legendary Member
Need to find a new captain though

Vincent Kompany: Manchester City captain to leave after 11 years
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48325845

I was reading a stat that in 27 years of the PL, the current top 6 account for all domestic trophies except for two PL titles, three FA Cups and seven League Cups.
Sky money is killing football for any team outside the top 6, let alone teams outside the premiership.

yello

I usually enjoy the FA Cup final but yesterday's match was a lop-sided bore. Switched off at 4-0.

I know what you mean. Sometimes, watching Man City, I think they are so good that they can make the game boring - as if no one can touch them. Then I actually start to question whether that is good.

Bernardo Silva has been a joy to watch, Kevin De Bruyne on another planet sometimes. When the team is on song, I think I run out of superlatives for what they do. They can so control a game as to throttle the enjoyment out of it, you're left with appreciating the skill and workmanship.

ozboz

Guru
As for boring , Watford had chances , they didn’t give up and took it to City ,they are comfortably placed in the PL and they ended up well deserved in the FA Cup Final , so they did ok , it wasn’t until the 3rd goal I felt I could sit back , I didn’t expect 6 tbh, I would imagine that Pep has got a Captain in mind already for next season ,
Vinnie will be missed no doubt ,

Dave7

Legendary Member
I usually enjoy the FA Cup final but yesterday's match was a lop-sided bore. Switched off at 4-0.

Here's hoping that the upcoming two European finals are more fun to watch.
I used to make a day of it. Mates around. Plates of sarnies and cans of beer. Prog would start at 12.00 with the fans walking down Wembley Way.
TBH I didnt watch it yesterday as I half knew that Watford would get battered and didnt want to see that happen.
Im an LFC fan btw.

yello

Thanks city you got us into europe

You were already there, no?

Edit: best of luck btw. Hope it doesn't hinder you next season in the Prem. A double edged sword is 7th... unless you've got a big squad.

Last edited:

matiz

Guru
Thanks @yello Watford could have nicked the Europa cup place in the unlikely event of them winning the cup,
We definitely need to improve the squad playing Europa league on thursdays will affect the weekend league form.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
As for boring , Watford had chances , they didn’t give up and took it to City ,they are comfortably placed in the PL and they ended up well deserved in the FA Cup Final , so they did ok , it wasn’t until the 3rd goal I felt I could sit back , I didn’t expect 6 tbh, I would imagine that Pep has got a Captain in mind already for next season ,
Vinnie will be missed no doubt ,
...not least by the physio team, 4 of whom have today been made redundant. :okay:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The game now needs a European Super League. The gulf between the financial haves and the have nots has become too great and will probably grow even more. Best to cut the biggest clubs loose and return to some sort of competitive league domestic fans can enjoy.

ozboz

Guru
The game now needs a European Super League. The gulf between the financial haves and the have nots has become too great and will probably grow even more. Best to cut the biggest clubs loose and return to some sort of competitive league domestic fans can enjoy.

It does seem the way to go , and I agree to point , but how would the fans be affording the expense to get to European Cites , I know just normal working people who save to go and watch away games, which could go both ways , be a bit rubbish going to a stadium without away fans giving it some rubarb , I do not know what the answer is , but I look at Utd , loads of money , massive player magnet , but lost their way since Ferguson packed in , Liverpool were not as dominant before Koop , Chelsea had it all going for them , it does seem that there are Managers and Managers ,

PaulB

Legendary Member
And in some breaking news, police in Madrid have raised concerns that fans of Tottenham Hotspur will bring flares to the stadium when they play there on the first of June. This is because that's what they wore the last time they went to Europe for football.

Top Bottom