The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
World cup officials seem to be bending over backwards to give decisions France's way!

AndyRM

XOXO
In the men's game Kris Boyd has retired. A true Killie (and Rangers) legend. It was the right time, but I'm still a bit gutted.

His goals kept us in the league more than once, and he gave his half signing on bonus to our academy when he left for Rangers the first time. An excellent guy.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
And in PROPER news about football, Michel Platini has been arrested in France over claims he illegally gave the World Cup to Qatar. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...6qhyOr0UFPSYhYhqs4Y3mmjGOw#Echobox=1560845854 This could be very serious indeed.
I'd like to see a few more arrested over that, it was an incredible decision. If the FA were any more than just a gutless money making organisation and actually cared about the game England would be refusing to enter the competition.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'd like to see a few more arrested over that, it was an incredible decision. If the FA were any more than just a gutless money making organisation and actually cared about the game England would be refusing to enter the competition.
Playing sport in a country where the temperatures reach 40 degrees C so that we have to change football seasons all around the world! It's madness. Hopefully, like when Mexico stepped in when Colombia showed they were incapable of hosting the tournament in 1986, another country has the infrastructure to host this tournament in 2022.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
If it turns out that there was criminality involved it will be remarkable how those making that decision thought they might get away with it in the light of the glare of publicity.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Kilmarnock play Connah Quay Nomads in the Europa League - by far and away the most unpleasant side I've ever seen, with an equally vile coaching team. I've never seen the stewards at Falkirk having to form a defensive cordon around the opposition dugout before but if they hadn't, the Nomad's manager and assistant were likely going to be lynched.

AndyRM

XOXO
Kilmarnock play Connah Quay Nomads in the Europa League - by far and away the most unpleasant side I've ever seen, with an equally vile coaching team. I've never seen the stewards at Falkirk having to form a defensive cordon around the opposition dugout before but if they hadn't, the Nomad's manager and assistant were likely going to be lynched.

On paper, a game we should stroll. But I've seen us struggle against more physical sides (St Mirren, Hearts, Motherwell and Aberdeen I'm looking at you). Probably the most favourable first round draw we could have hoped for.

Interest elsewhere with two former Killie players (Reguero and Sissoko) who play for for Rovaniemen Palloseura. No idea if they'll be involved or not.

Top Bottom