The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
So they sack MP in the best interests of the club, and then appoint JM...?

Comical decision by the board in my opinion.

As a Spurs fan for 50+ years, I'm beside myself with anger.

Gary Lineker summed it up perfectly:

Mauricio Pochettino has been sacked by @SpursOfficial. He helped the club to punch massively above their weight for years. Good luck with finding a better replacement....ain’t gonna happen.

I'm still fuming to add anything else, but just to say that Mourinho is NOT the right replacement.

philk56

Guru
60 years Spurs fan here. I'm incredibly disappointed it has come to this, we've had the best times since the Eighties thanks to Poch. But, putting aside Mourinho's appointment for the moment, we have to face the facts that our form since January has been dire. No away wins in the league and only 3 in total this season. The Champions League run papered over a lot of cracks and but for some fortunate VAR decisions could have gone out in quarter-finals. The board and players have to take some of the blame but I've felt that since the CL final, and his comments around that time, Poch's heart hasn't been in it. Some of the team selections and formations this season have been puzzling and I've been disappointed in his apparent lack of faith in any of the promising young players at the club.

Having said all that the new appointment on the surface doesn't make a lot of sense but might give the players a wake-up call - could go either way but will be an interesting ride.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If the manager had lost the dressing room, as has been reported, the club really had no choice but to get rid. Mourinho is a massive gamble though - maybe he is older and wiser after a year out to reflect, but if he comes back as the same old Jose Spurs have made a big mistake.

Spurs scraping a win against a poor West Ham team, although Spurs should have scored more if they made the most of the chances they had earlier. Mourinho knows he's got a job to do to stop leaking goals, though.

Could Pellegrino be the next one down the job centre!

An interesting fact: 4 - All four of Michail Antonio's Premier League goals for West Ham against Spurs have come at different venues - Upton Park, White Hart Lane, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and London Stadium.

We'd take Poch instead. West Ham started the season looking for a top four finish, now we're heading for a relegation battle. I watched till the first goal went in then switched off as they never looked like they could get anything out of it.

I'll swap Poch for Maureeno! :smile:

Don't think you'll go down, though: Norwich, Watford, Burnley, Southampton, Villa are unworthy contenders for the drop, too! They need a decent manager with a bit of nouse (NOT like Allardyce, Warnock, Hodgson, Curbishley et al) who can get the best out of players - established and youth. And the owners are going to have to spend some money on DECENT players.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak