The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy, you have the right answer in your answer just you have picked the wrong team, the clue is in "both NON premier fans" Perhaps a better clue would have been The year Stanley got thrown out of the league we were one of the other teams who applied for re-election.
I'm still trying to work this one out,without even a hint of looking it up on the internet! :angel: Are Oxford United in it somewhere? Give us another clue,but nothing too obvious.:okay:

pjd57

Veteran
Looking grim for Scottish football just now.
Clubs here are far more reliant on gate money than the bigger leagues elsewhere.
BCD doesn't stack up without Megabucks TV cash.
So without paying fans it's hard to keep going .
Ok the top few teams could just about manage it but you can't have a league with no one to play against

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Looking grim for Scottish football just now.
Clubs here are far more reliant on gate money than the bigger leagues elsewhere.
BCD doesn't stack up without Megabucks TV cash.
So without paying fans it's hard to keep going .
Ok the top few teams could just about manage it but you can't have a league with no one to play against
If you discount the EPL English clubs are in exactly the same position. If social distancing has to go on for an extended period the cost of staging matches behind closed doors for part of next season will be unaffordable for many clubs.

Slick

Guru
If you discount the EPL English clubs are in exactly the same position. If social distancing has to go on for an extended period the cost of staging matches behind closed doors for part of next season will be unaffordable for many clubs.
Closed door games is a complete waste of time for me as that tripe from last weekend's Bundesliga proved. Obviously something needs to be done but closed door games would be my least favourite option.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

And kicked myself for the one I didn't get.
Cup Winners Cup 85.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
So, the EPL to resume on 17th June behind closed doors. I watched what I think was the last game to be played by an English club, Wolves Europa League tie. That was behind closed doors and it was a very sterile watch, the players seemed to be putting in no more than 90% at the most without the atmosphere of a crowd to gee them up.

No other way of doing it of course, but it gives a very flat finish to the season.

Top Bottom