The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
The article says they will get lifetime bans from Burnley's stadium if they can be identified.
It isnt a crime to have a racist opinion but fortunately it's becoming far less socially acceptable and football needs to be seen to act appropriately.
Whilst I dont agree with what they did and yes they could well be racist given they have done this. I am struggling to see how this specific incident of putting "white lives matter" on a banner is racist.

Regardless I agree the lifetime ban is the right course of action.

Last edited:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Whilst I dont agree with what they did and yes they could well be racist given they have done this. I am struggling to see how this specific incident of putting "white lives matter" on a banner is racist.

It's not 'racist', it's fascist, the white lives matter slogan having been brought into existence by a neo-nazi group in the USA for such purposes.

It's a total embarrassment living in this area right now. I see the broad support for this action in the letters section of the Lancashire Telegraph website. I'm not from here - thankfully - so not tarnished with the same brush myself but have to live amongst them and hear (although not much lately since all the places of entertainment are shut) their neanderthal opinions. My wife works amongst them and is alarmed that some highly educated people express similar views themselves. As she is the big boss though, she's in the fortunate position of being able to oversee who moves up the ladder and who doesn't. She's bright enough to not reveal her hand in her day-to-day dealings.

GetFatty

Über Member
It's not 'racist', it's fascist, the white lives matter slogan having been brought into existence by a neo-nazi group in the USA for such purposes.

It's a total embarrassment living in this area right now. I see the broad support for this action in the letters section of the Lancashire Telegraph website. I'm not from here - thankfully - so not tarnished with the same brush myself but have to live amongst them and hear (although not much lately since all the places of entertainment are shut) their neanderthal opinions. My wife works amongst them and is alarmed that some highly educated people express similar views themselves. As she is the big boss though, she's in the fortunate position of being able to oversee who moves up the ladder and who doesn't. She's bright enough to not reveal her hand in her day-to-day dealings.
That's a bit harsh. I'm from Nelson originally and although there are neanderthals there (across the races I might add) there are similar numbers where I currently live in SE London. East Lancashire suffered badly during the 80's which caused quite a lot of the issues seen today

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
1593082808384.png

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Congratulations, truly an amazing team. I am now hoping Klopp will play his youth team again against Villa so we have another chance of winning :rolleyes:

Top Bottom