The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done Denmark 🇩🇰 after what must have been such a tough week for them all.

And that third goal was an absolute screamer! 😳
Ho Yes! Tense night though, with any team going home from the group at different stages, just 1 goal from doom :evil:
Really it was just nice to see a team trying to win. I've watched too many sides meekly accepting 1-0 defeats.

It's all worked out as I hoped:
Belgium-Denmark was entertaining for the neutral. The Danes lost despite a big "attempts on goal on target" superiority. Even when they were 2-1 down, and BEL looked like they might score more, DEN never looked out of it, always posing threats.
Belgium looked capable of beating anyone, and it will be a shame if DEN go out at this stage.

(but please note, they should never have taken Yugoslavia's place in the '92 tournament ... )

So, ENG/SCO try to catch-up with Wales tonight. I'm a lot more excited about watching the jocks, beacuse they have something to play for (and to be fair tend to produce a good game!)

Can someone less lazy than me outline who our two teams can get in the next round? That would make tonight more interesting! 💋

A more exciting team probably.

(Although Saka was a shining light tonight, he stood out in what I thought was aother mediocre team performance).
Agree, Saka was class. That was a lovely cross by Grealish for the goal. We have got no end of options for the next (big) game ^_^

AndyRM

XOXO
Lack of tournament experience cost us. Ah well, bring on the World Cup.

Shame that either Denmark or Wales will be going home.

France, Germany or Portugal for England next. Good luck with that...

Top Bottom