The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Are Southampton on for some kind of record? Not the kind you want either :sad:
Whats your prediction ?
I was going for 6 nil but LFC have taken their foot off the gas.

yello

I don't really do predictions but I did think it was looking ominous at one point. But, yes, Liverpool seem now have settled for for the comfortable win rather than a tonking.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Can someone please, please put Mark Lawrenson out of his misery? The poor guy always looks like he utterly detests football, and he clearly resents being dragged into the football Focus studio. Especially when there's two women in it. Poor man looks like he'd much rather have been left alone at the allotment in his cardie.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Can someone please, please put Mark Lawrenson out of his misery? The poor guy always looks like he utterly detests football, and he clearly resents being dragged into the football Focus studio. Especially when there's two women in it. Poor man looks like he'd much rather have been left alone at the allotment in his cardie.
Lawro's looked like that for at least 30 years. He's doing fine, and so is the programme. Poignant tribute to Gary Speed a highlight of an excellent show today.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Meanwhile, in Portugal, Belenenses have been (presumably) forced to play Benfica despite Covid reducing their squad to nine fit players, including two goalies. 7-0 at half time. A travesty.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
watching the liverpool on sky game of the day. Another superb display by the red arrows up front, strong showing from konate and another clean sheet.

Hoping chelsea might drop a few points tmrw, but i wont put any money on it.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Yeh….welsh county league standard. What about you???

What is the Welsh County League, Wikipedia has never heard of it ? Welsh football league system - Wikipedia

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Now called Gwent County League and is the 4th tier in the welsh league tier system……..
Interesting you say "now called", since it was only created in 1980 from the amalgamation of two other leagues, neither called Welsh County - anyway, which team did you play for ?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Interesting you say "now called", since it was only created in 1980 from the amalgamation of two other leagues, neither called Welsh County - anyway, which team did you play for ?
Does it matter……….we always called it welsh county league, but i played for two teams within the league structure before retiring in 2005 after suffering a double break to my right leg.

but at what level i played shouldnt be an issue, to my knowledge of football…..i mean rafa benitz didnt play at the top level and neither did arsene wenger….but both are very knowledgeable and well established football managers.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Lawro's looked like that for at least 30 years. He's doing fine, and so is the programme. Poignant tribute to Gary Speed a highlight of an excellent show today.
No he hasn't, he used to be engaged, now he looks a bored, offended shell of an old man. Time for him to retire.

The programme is fine, I agree.
And yes, beautiful tribute by Dan Walker to Gary Speed, most moving.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why do Leeds play in 'non Leeds' away kits? Last week against Tottenham they had an Everton home style strip on and yesterday they had a lilac version of Man City's home strip. Why don't they play in their traditional away from home all yellow strip? 🤔

1638063929820.png

I'd also like to add that I thought their lilac clashed with Brighton's blue and white much more than yellow would've done.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Why do Leeds play in 'non Leeds' away kits? Last week against Tottenham they had an Everton home style strip on and yesterday they had a lilac version of Man City's home strip. Why don't they play in their traditional away from home all yellow strip? 🤔

View attachment 619715

I'd also like to add that I thought their lilac clashed with Brighton's blue and white much more than yellow would've done.
Money. The club will be contracted to play in certain strips "x" times a year. Sells more shirts.

The strip you posted is the colour
I associate with Leeds away as well.

Top Bottom