The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Deluded are some Leeds fans.Team playing awful and fans expecting to get a result on the final day You cannot just decide to win games when you like.Leeds are in deep do do.Going to turn on a performance couldn't turn on a tap.It's sad to see but I have supported them since season 1962-63 and I am not stopping now.But if they come back from the dead against Brentford it will be the best story since Lazarus coming back.

Chislenko

Veteran
Bringing him on with 3 minutes left of extra time was stupid. He's not fit and to be honest this idea that he's somehow "too good" for Scotland reminds me of Joey Barton's ill fated trip north of the border.

Think he was meaning to replicate this.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...xa8BegQIBxAE&usg=AOvVaw3lpRDcYlWFcL8e1qcgLmGZ

PaulB

Legendary Member
Wolves have a financially motivated vested interest in their game on Sunday. If Jota wins the league then Wolves will receive another £2 million. Obviously, they'll lose anyway but still, they could contribute to earning their club another £2 million. They'll probably be told not to bust a gut for this one.

R_nger

Guru
Wolves have a financially motivated vested interest in their game on Sunday. If Jota wins the league then Wolves will receive another £2 million. Obviously, they'll lose anyway but still, they could contribute to earning their club another £2 million. They'll probably be told not to bust a gut for this one.

Likewise, Villa make an extra 10 mill on Grealish if City win the title. It’s surprising that these kind of deals are allowed.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Deluded are some Leeds fans.Team playing awful and fans expecting to get a result on the final day You cannot just decide to win games when you like.Leeds are in deep do do.Going to turn on a performance couldn't turn on a tap.It's sad to see but I have supported them since season 1962-63 and I am not stopping now.But if they come back from the dead against Brentford it will be the best story since Lazarus coming back.

I've been resigned to us going down since Bielsa was sacked. The current incumbent is a complete muppet. Still I'll be supporting them at least until the world stops going round.

AndyRM

XOXO
Not many of the EPL players coming up here seem to do much at all . Reeks of a cash grab . Long time since the SPL had money to burn , probably going back to the late 90s , early 80s . My town used to be full of pro footballers from the old firm . Not anymore !

I'm struggling to think of many in recent years. Bachmann and Hemming both did very well for us, but before that all I can really think of is Gazza and Nevin. There will of course be others, but I'd have to have a proper look into it which I will later.

Going the other way, there have been a lot of Scottish players who have done really well in England. Hell, if you look at two of England's most successful clubs (Man Utd and Liverpool), a large part of their success can be attributed to Scots.

Why has whoever uploaded that called it a panenka. Because it ain't one.

AndyRM

XOXO
Glasgow-born, Scottish international Pat Nevin?

Yeah, who spent the majority of his career in England before returning north. Poor example possibly but I was thinking more along those lines.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Don Revie had many great Scottish players.It is said Bobby Collins was the foundation of his great team.

Wasn't part of the foundation of his great team his wife, Elsie? She was related in some way to one of the triumvirate of great Scottish managers of that time, Bill Shankly, Matt Busby and Jock Stein and well respected by all three. Apparently, they would all be happy to give her inside info on what was happening in the football world and she was such a passionate and knowledgeable football fan, she'd pass this on to Don who'd use this to great advantage.

I'm not saying she was the real power but her influence was incalculable.

Chislenko

Veteran
In other football news Sunny Rhyl have won their league by a massive 15 points, going the season unbeaten and averaging 4.4 goals per game.

Screenshot_20220522-074556-293.png

Slick

Guru
Well, what a week that was for the Famous. Can't lie, Wednesday night was disappointing and can only hope Ramsey is sent packing at the first opportunity. Nothing to do with the penalty, as someone has to be the fall guy. More because he is soaking up resources and we are getting zero return and a team like Rangers cannot afford passengers. That said, I've never been more proud of my team as I was Wednesday night and after all that, to come home to do it all again in extra time to lift the Scottish Cup for the first time since 2009 is a great achievement and gives the bears the chance to keep the party going. Well done GVB, can't wait for it all to start again soon. :okay:

PaulB

Legendary Member
My second team, Fort William, are still the worst team in the UK but play in the best place! I always wanted them to show some ambition and go for Lionel Messi and was gutted - gutted I tell you - when they let him slip through their hands.

Top Bottom