The Fridays London Ride - Windows and Death - 29th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
2231144 said:
As in like a little gorilla?

A Gorilla is better than a Baboon, so I thank you there..

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm a little late in replying to this thread so apologies for that.
We had a great day out and thanks are due to Simon for the usual excellent organisation and the interesting destinations and talks. Colour co-ordinating pull-over and Grohlsch crate was an inspired touch.
Thanks also to Ian for his contribution and to the way-markers for guiding the ride seamlessly; we'd wondered in advance how it would work and it was perfect.

Contrary to what I originally thought while I was looking out of the window, we didn't get too wet on the way into town and we'd certainly dried off by the time we reached Euston. The train was 20 minutes late because someone had pulled the emergency stop so we only arrived minutes before the departure.

All Bar One did well considering the size of our group although they should put numbers on the tables if that's what's needed to order food.

I'd have liked to stay longer but I preferred to get back to Euston in plenty of time since I wasn't exactly sure of the route. Riding and navigating after a few more beers would probably have been a mistake.
As it was, we got there in good style although we did get drenched and we managed to find the worst pub in London.
No cask beer. What's that all about ?
The only other event of note on the journey home was a front puncture on Helen's bike. It was quickly repaired with a Decathlon foam aerosol thingy and the tyre is still holding air today.

One of the best parts of the day was meeting up again with loads of CCers and yACFers and it was particularly good to see Diane on her bike !

The funniest part of the day was AH's comment when the ride was cut short because of Simon's recently discovered concern about us getting wet: "He's never farking cared before".

You wouldn't expect a Marxist to drink out of anything less than bone china, would you? So I paid £8.95 for mine back in 1998 or 1999.

If you thought the frontage of the Library looking remarkably well preserved, then you should know that it was restored with lottery/millennium funding.
So long as you only drink herbal tea out of it, for as any fule kno, all proper tea is theft.

As it was, we got there in good style although we did get drenched and we managed to find the worst pub in London.
No cask beer. What's that all about ?
Oh no, which one? There's a couple of crackers round there, theveuston tap in the grounds for one, which has a tremendous stock list

Steady! Marx split from Proudhon in 1847 (with the publication of 'The Poverty of Philosophy', critiquing Proudhon's 'The Philosophy of Poverty'), which led ultimately to the Red-Black split in the First International at the Hague Congress of 1872.

Just sayin'

ianmac62

Guru
So long as you only drink herbal tea out of it, for as any fule kno, all proper tea is theft.

Brilliant! I love it!

But that was Proudhon, about whom Marx wrote, "In France, he has the right to be a bad economist because he is reputed to be a good German philosopher. In Germany, he has the right to be a bad philosopher because he is reputed to be a good French economist. As I am a German and an economist at the same time, I protest against his double error."

Top Bottom