The Fridays Tour 2013 with added poll

well, what do you think?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
I've been assured by the hotel they have a secure luggage room the bike can stay in as they handle cyclists all the time. We will see.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It never occured to me to check the reviews of the Travelodge. They're prefab hotels by numbers and all much of a muchness so how bad can it be?
If memory serves, the bad reviews were partly the bog-standard complaints about cheap hotels and partly complaints about other guests - parties of pissed-up yoof rampaging about the place after getting back from the fleshpits of a naval port before getting a ferry.

wanda2010

Guru
You could have told me all this BEFORE I booked the IBIS! :boxing:

I'm going to assume the IBIS and Travelodge are twins, separated at birth. If I'm wrong I'll be asleep on the ferry going over.

wanda2010

Guru
Coward!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
You'll need a (very) early start Titus- check in time is minimum 45 minutes before departure. If you're not driving, that means a train arriving in Pompey 8ish. And all the ones down for that time are slow.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
I am being decadent and taking my car! Driving down shouldn't be too much of a problem at that time in the morning! Before you ask the spare seat has already been nabbed! Though with a rear bike rack it might be possible to have a third occupant as long as Brittany Ferries is willing to change the booking?

StuartG

slower but further
I am being decadent and taking my car! Driving down shouldn't be too much of a problem at that time in the morning! Before you ask the spare seat has already been nabbed! Though with a rear bike rack it might be possible to have a third occupant as long as Brittany Ferries is willing to change the booking?
Any chance of you taking a bag for us as we will be cycling ... ?

Top Bottom