The Fridays Tour 2013 with added poll

well, what do you think?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Mine has also changed to the 4pm out and 2045 back. Party in Portsmouth anyone? :ohmy:

Bother. Just remembered my hotel booking for Friday night. No doubt I'll need one for the Sunday night too.

PARTY!!!!! :smile:

ianmac62

Guru
Yep, me too! Out of the blue "Steve" at Brittany Ferries has just rung me. Portsmouth-to-Cherbourg on 15th now 1600-2000; and Cherbourg-to-Portsmouth on 22nd now 2045-2245.

Bugger!

He offered me the morning crossing to Le Havre but that's clearly over 200 k to Brix so no good to me.

He also offered me the morning crossing from Poole to Cherbourg. But I've booked the cheap Travelodge in Portsmouth for the Friday night.

Returning from Cherbourg, it makes little difference. Arrive Portsmouth 2245 or Poole 2200.

So arriving in Brix late on the 15th might be my only option.

The Travelodges near Poole are more expensive (Bournemouth sea-front) and further from the terminal.

Arriving back in Portsmouth at 2245 is going to require use of that cheap Travelodge for that night again.

Bugger!

StuartG

slower but further
Makes for a (very) relaxed Saturday afternoon in Pompey! Only real issue is the late arrival (8pm) in Cherbourg which means probably after 9pm at the Chateau. Of course it will still be light!

Will there be an advance guard to secure the fort and have supper ready ^_^

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Lovely Graham from the ferry booking place has put me on the 4pm sailing from Portsmouth and I'm still on the 2045 coming back the way. I can't move the Travelodge booking as there's no availability so it looks like I'll be spending the Friday night and Saturday afternoon in Portsmouth and then either getting a hotel for the week after or chancing my arm and legging it from the boat to the train back to London.

Top Bottom