The Fridays Tour 2013 with added poll

well, what do you think?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianmac62

Guru
Ibis Portsmouth Centre is mine for the outward journey. Just booked Travelodge for the return.

I'm in Travelodge for the outward journey, at £19. They want £51 for the return. Might wait for their next "sale".

With Saturday 15th to spend in Pompey, I might explore, on bike, the Gosport Bus Rapid Transit system. Interesting article in "AtoB" magazine that postman delivered today.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
2297772 said:
There are two Ibis, or is that Ibii, in Portsmouth.
I think it's 'i' if the singular ends in us, e.g.radii, cacti, loci, etc.
It might be Ibum, though.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Meme bateau pour moi aussi, alors. Tante pis.

I can stay on Friday night in the Travelodge (nice cheap and early booking cannot be cancelled) and I was hoping to have a look round The Victory and the dockyard anyway, so I could do that to use up Saturday, and we'd need to be at the dockyard by about 3pm anyway as they often load bikes first on to ferries. So that is not much of a pain. Brittany Ferry boats are the best of the bunch, certainly the St Malo crossing in September 2011 was great. So I can live with the going over bit, and Dellzeqq and the others can open up the chateau. It'll be 9pm to 9.30pm arrival at the chateau

Coming back is a pain, although I suppose we could double up in the Travelodge or Ibis for the Saturday night on arrival so the cost will be about the same as it is on the way out, albeit we'll not be doubled up. TBH, it's either the Travelodge/Ibis or ride home from Portsmouth which for me is 115k or 6 hours. While I will be in training for LEL at that time and will be A Struggling Pensioner, I'd rather pay up than suffer.

I'll have a think and talk to them on the phone tomorrow. I guess any suggestion that they compensate me for this is a waste of breath.

One thought that I am pondering is asking for the ferry deposit back, and because I won't be at work by then (see reference to Struggling Pensioner, above) is going there and back by means of a rather pleasant and relaxing bike ride, via either Dieppe (200k DIY audax) or (in extremis) Calais (440k DIY audax but probably not this because I'm not totally tonto - could do a back-to-back 200k on each day).

So if someone wants to buy my Friday night in an exciting Portsmouth Travelodge June 14 for £26, they can have it. Equally, if anyone wants to ride across France on a bike with me..............oh, hang on, we'll be doing that anyway won't we?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm in Travelodge for the outward journey, at £19. They want £51 for the return. Might wait for their next "sale".

With Saturday 15th to spend in Pompey, I might explore, on bike, the Gosport Bus Rapid Transit system. Interesting article in "AtoB" magazine that postman delivered today.
It's a bus lane built on a disused railway line. And it's in Gosport. Seriously, explore somewhere else, there's some lovely riding country round here.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
2298745 said:
No one from Brittany Ferries has contacted me. I am feeling a bit unloved and left out.
No change to the Caen sailings, AFAIK.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
ABV, did you manage to get your travel changed to the 4pm out and 2045 back?

I did and now have to find another hotel for the night we arrive back. I don't have enough space in my head for all this at the moment (I'm *still* buying this bloody flat!) so I'm going to leave it until the end of the month and deal with it then and I'll book the cattery for Zoe at the same time.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Mine has also changed to the 4pm out and 2045 back. Party in Portsmouth anyone? :ohmy:

Bother. Just remembered my hotel booking for Friday night. No doubt I'll need one for the Sunday night too.

Travelodge don't do refunds on their cheapo rooms, so a Day in Portsmouth it is!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Has anyone changed to the 07:00 Portsmouth to Le Havre? Sorry if this has been done already - bit short of time to scan the thread...

Top Bottom