The Fridays Tour 2013 with added poll

well, what do you think?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianmac62

Guru
Those posts reminded me to ask: in view of the changes to ferry times, what are the options for the last Saturday? It would be a shame if a load of us had to spend the whole day lugging around luggage- or sitting around with it....Hopefully our hosts would be amenable to us picking it up later in the day...?
Luggage? What is this luggage of which you speak?

But it all fits in the rucksack, doesn't it Stu?

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
I was rebooked on the 2045 ferry leaving Cherbourgh on the 22nd as well. Don't really fancy spending the night in Porthsmouth though (please don't take it personally, Stuart.... :smile:)

I'm toying with the idea to cycle from Brix to Caen. There is a night ferry leaving Caen at 2300 arriving 0645 at Portsmouth on the 23nd. It would entail a 80 miles ride from Brix on Saturday. Anyone interested in joining me?

redfalo

I just rebooked the return ferry to the Caen-Portsmouth one, leaving 2300 on 22 June, arriving 0645 in Portsmouth on Sunday. I had to book a "large 2 berth/4 berth cabin" and there is room for at least one additional passenger (possibly three). Caen is a 80 miles ride from Brix, and there are trains as well (approximately 1 hour journey).

SaLQ83

Unfortunately G and I couldn't get on Sat ferries Portsmouth - Cherbough going and returning (we left it too late), so we're booked on Porstmouth - Chergboug Friday night, cycling to Brix Sat. Then returning from Caen - Portsmouth on Saturday night. So Olaf we might be cycling with you from Brix to Caen if that's ok. :bicycle:

wanda2010

Guru
:hello: Coowee LQ :smile:

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I need to rearrange my return ferry and come back a day early as my course dates have changed and I need to be in London on the 22nd so there'll be a bed going spare on the Friday night :biggrin:

redfalo

Unfortunately G and I couldn't get on Sat ferries Portsmouth - Cherbough going and returning (we left it too late), so we're booked on Porstmouth - Chergboug Friday night, cycling to Brix Sat. Then returning from Caen - Portsmouth on Saturday night. So Olaf we might be cycling with you from Brix to Caen if that's ok. :bicycle:

sure thing, some company will be much appreciated ! :thumbsup:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
recce ride tickets bought
outward Portsmouth to Cherbourg Thursday 16th May 4pm
return Cherbourg to Portsmouth Wednesday 22nd May 5pm
I'll be getting in touch with the people who expressed an interest in coming along
Won't be able to join you, but let me know if anything I can help with .

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
I have been asked by the guys at Brompton Bicycle to join 11 of their staff in taking part in charity ride being organised by http://www.1morecycle.co.uk/ riding from Paris to Geneva via the Alps in aid of children in Uganda. Or put another way 12 semi mad souls cycling 345 miles and climbing 4650m on a Bromptons.

This is a challenge I couldn't refuse but sadly it starts on the Thursday morning of the Friday's Tour. In a moment of further madness (Don't say a word Teef, Frank or Adrian!) I thought it would be fun if I added an extra challenge to this and cycle a minimum of 310 miles or the equivalent distance of cycling from London to Paris by Cherbourg.

The first 85 miles will be achieved by leaving HPC at 7am on Friday 14th June and cycling to Portsmouth to catch 4pm ferry to Cherbourg following the route used StuAff a few weeks ago. The next 230 miles will be riden in the excellent company of the Friday's on tour until I leave on Wednesday night to catch a train to Paris.

Mice has already agreed to join me but if anyone else is catching the 4pm ferry or staying the night in Portsmouth would like to join us at 7am at HPC and cycle to Portsmouth then more the merrier!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I have been asked by the guys at Brompton Bicycle to join 11 of their staff in taking part in charity ride being organised by http://www.1morecycle.co.uk/ riding from Paris to Geneva via the Alps in aid of children in Uganda. Or put another way 12 semi mad souls cycling 345 miles and climbing 4650m on a Bromptons.

This is a challenge I couldn't refuse but sadly it starts on the Thursday morning of the Friday's Tour. In a moment of further madness (Don't say a word Teef, Frank or Adrian!) I thought it would be fun if I added an extra challenge to this and cycle a minimum of 310 miles or the equivalent distance of cycling from London to Paris by Cherbourg.

The first 85 miles will be achieved by leaving HPC at 7am on Friday 14th June and cycling to Portsmouth to catch 4pm ferry to Cherbourg following the route used StuAff a few weeks ago. The next 230 miles will be riden in the excellent company of the Friday's on tour until I leave on Wednesday night to catch a train to Paris.

Mice has already agreed to join me but if anyone else is catching the 4pm ferry or staying the night in Portsmouth would like to join us at 7am at HPC and cycle to Portsmouth then more the merrier!

I'm thinking of doing another HPC-Pompey run in a few weeks, but (recce to confirm this at some point) I think an alternate route is in order- the stretch from Haslemere to Petersfield is definitely lumpier going south than north, and cutting out about 25% of the total climbing looks feasible. That would definitely better for you two!

Top Bottom