The Fridays Tour 2013 with added poll

well, what do you think?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, that's all good and well, but is it too early to consider Yorkshire as the 2014 destination?

I'm already considering a little tour up north. :bicycle:

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Gah! I've just had an email and a voicemail from Brittany Ferries to inform me that they've changed the outbound route and therefore my ticket and I'm being shoved on to the 0700 ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre but still returning Cherbourg-Portsmouth. I believe there's quite a few of us sailing to France on the same ferry so keep an eye on your inboxes!

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I've also noticed that they've changed the return ferry time so instead of leaving Cherbourg at 5pm I now leave at 8.45 and don't get into Portsmouth until 10.45 and will be back in London at god knows what time. I'm absolutely farking livid about this.

Michael Adu

Über Member
Hi all
Brittany ferries have moved their Cherbourg crossing to 4pm and moved all passengers and me-self to this crossing
Depart: Sat 15 June 2013
Portsmouth 07:00 - Le Havre 11:45 03h 45m*. Le harve is about 200k from Cherbourg
What are peeps doing ? Or theirs the later crossing at 4 pm ?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hi all
Brittany ferries have moved their Cherbourg crossing to 4pm and moved all passengers and me-self to this crossing
Depart: Sat 15 June 2013
Portsmouth 07:00 - Le Havre 11:45 03h 45m*. Le harve is about 200k from Cherbourg
What are peeps doing ? Or theirs the later crossing at 4 pm ?
Yup, I'm now on the 4 pm sailing....It was 9am!!
Coming back- was 5pm, now 8.45!

F***ing annoying. Surely they must be able to have a booking system that dishes out the right times.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'll need to call them later and see if I can squeeze onto the 4pm one too. There's not a hope in hell of me riding 200k to the right place, or even the wrong one given my map reading skills :biggrin:

wanda2010

Guru
Mine has also changed to the 4pm out and 2045 back. Party in Portsmouth anyone? :ohmy:

Bother. Just remembered my hotel booking for Friday night. No doubt I'll need one for the Sunday night too.

Michael Adu

Über Member
Yup, I'm now on the 4 pm sailing....It was 9am!!
Coming back- was 5pm, now 8.45!

F***ing annoying. Surely they must be able to have a booking system that dishes out the right times.

Yes agreed now my times are the same as yours as they have now rescheduled the times for both crossing

I suppose that's works for me I don't have to stay overnight at Portsmouth I can get a train down that day !

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Coincidentally I've just been talking to Brittany Ferries to update my bookings to my new address, so I asked about this. Apparently it is because they are introducing a new high-speed route now, the one to Le Havre. The woman I spoke to was very helpful and said that people should ring up to talk about rescheduling. If the company put ticket holders on a different sailing that is more expensive they will honour the original price, and if it's cheaper there will be a refund.
Just had a call myself from BR. Better to ring for amendments rather than use the website, she said, to make sure there's no charge.

Top Bottom