The Fridays Tour 2013 with added poll

well, what do you think?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Have voted for Normandy and somewhere else in the UK, would prefer somewhere in Blighty tbh but I agree with Greg, where The Fridays go, so will I (leave permitting). And Normandy would be very nice.

MarkA

Über Member
I'm in agreement with Greg on this. I don't mind where it is; I just want in!
Having said that both of the suggested options look fabulous so i've ticked both. The idea of a single base with a variety of rides seems to make for a more relaxed type of holiday, probably resulting in more time eating, drinking and making merry. Which can't be a bad thing in such excellent company.
Roll on next June/July.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
And another idea is that I can do a DIY audax in France and have it verified by my local DIY man. I have asked him and even if the ride is in France he can still validate it if i produce a decent GPS track of the ride. So if we go to France I will work out a couple of 200k rides, and with pre-dawn start they would make a couple of really superb days. Not to mention fine excuses for doing nothing the day afterwards, to recover and rehydrate......
Oh - and as for getting there....a ride down would make an excellent day or two from Calais.....

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster

Both look fun to me.

Can someone remind me, it's "A" roads we're not allowed on in France isn't it? We can cycle on N and E?
don't think you can cycle on Es or Ns either - both are pretty major - and feature a lot of heavy loads...

I did a bit of riding in April in Picardy and as I mentioned on the other thread - it's such a treat to ride in France - smooth roads, and most of the D routes are blooming quiet too.

Looks like we're heading to Normandy for the last two weeks of August, but the other end near Lisieux. Haven't negotiated a pass for the bike yet, if only I had a Brompton...

It's doubtful I'll have the leave to make this at all - but it'd probably need to be in School holiday time to get me out the country on a weekday.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Both look fun to me.

Can someone remind me, it's "A" roads we're not allowed on in France isn't it? We can cycle on N and E?
that's right, but the prefix of the road is less of a guide than it is here. Some D roads are hellish. Some N roads are ok.

martint235

Dog on a bike
that's right, but the prefix of the road is less of a guide than it is here. Some D roads are hellish. Some N roads are ok.
Yeah I remember that your average French truck driver will drive down the narrowest of roads at speed if it saves him from having to pay a toll.

I thought I was going mental for a second there, but what I thought was the E17, is also the A26 (see also E44/A29 - why do they do that?). It's a payage, and cycling on that bugger would be foolhardy at best.

Top Bottom