FNRttC The Fridays tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
June 13-21 sounds about right to me...
So, have you all come to the conclusion that you want to go on those dates? In which case you ought to agree so holiday dates can be arranged with employers. Speak now, or forever hold your peace......
You will want to come to a collective decision pretty soon.....

In other news, I hope to have a look at some of the possible routes near Bordeaux when I arrive there from Madrid in early November.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
So, have you all come to the conclusion that you want to go on those dates? In which case you ought to agree so holiday dates can be arranged with employers. Speak now, or forever hold your peace......
You will want to come to a collective decision pretty soon.....
I get the impression we have.....

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Yebbut. This flexibility is all good. Some peeps will need a deffo date to book holidays, thobut.
(Filed while on a coach in Spain that not only takes bikes no prob but also has wi-fi - no less! I am a real fan of the way Johnny Foreigner does things.)

wanda2010

Guru
Choo dat.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
To bore you some more. Spain is amazing cycling. 1,000 year old Moorish tower in tiny village where I stopped to ask for water. 25k descent with only one donkey on the road the whole way. Massive plains stretching for miles, and I mean 30k in each direction. Maps are rubbish because of the huge amount of road building. I am using Spanish Army maps dated 2005 and today arrived at a railway station shown on the map but it was obviously closed down 40 years ago. Rails removed, the lot. Map shows an existing railway line. Hahaha. Good job it wasn't late at night in a rainstorm and I wanted to catch a train.
Edit
Corrected for daft spelling. Refreshment had been taken.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Sorry to inflict this on you, but
http://bit.ly/1aVLWvq
is a link to my pix of the ride from Madrid northwards across the Pyrenees. Spain really is a fantastic country to ride a bike in. Notice the perfect tarmac and the almost complete lack of traffic. One day we passed one bar in 65k, and while in there one van passed. The chickens in the road had to get out of its way. So while the 2014 Tour will be fab, obvs, 2015 might be even much more betterer.

Top Bottom