The Golf...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Cycling: You wake up feeling stressed and wound up, so you go out for a long ride on your bike and enjoy the scenery, as as the miles pass by you relax and realise what a wonderful world we live in and isn't life great. A celebrartion of life.

Golf: You wake up feeling relaxed and chilled, looking forward to a day strolling in the countryside with a few friends enjoying yourself. As the yards and holes pass by, you find yourself getting more and more frustrated and stressed, by the 18th hole you're wound up like a spring, aggressive, so tense that are ready to murder your friends and commit suicide.

A golfing cyclist acquaintance told me that.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I played golf once. I dont mean once as in a while ago, but once as in....once. It's very easy to not take at all seriously.
You've just described every sport or past-time you don't have an interest in. How many people take cycling seriously?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I enjoy playing golf, currently play once or twice a year, it costs a lot and takes up too much time for me to justify with a young family. I would rather be out on the bike tbh. When I retire I am sure I will spend a bit more time golfing.

OP
OP
asterix

asterix

Comrade Member
Though I was going to get a chance to show some love for the old VW! Pfft..

:thumbsdown:

What kinda Golf was it? I had a MK1 Campaign, it could corner like spiderman climbing a wall, someone has restored it to concours now. Then a Mk2 GTi, in volcanic red, brilliant in snow believe it or not. Not that quick by today's standards, I guess.

I've always fancied the idea of 'speed golf'. I actually came up with the idea myself, but was told its been done.

The idea is that you have to get round the course as quick as possible. Strokes dont matter, just time. No caddy allowed so you have to carry your own clubs, however many you want.

Oxo

Guru
I've always fancied the idea of 'speed golf'. I actually came up with the idea myself, but was told its been done.

The idea is that you have to get round the course as quick as possible. Strokes dont matter, just time. No caddy allowed so you have to carry your own clubs, however many you want.
That idea could catch on in cycling. Ride round a set course as fast as you can, carry your own drinks but to make it harder only use one bike.

tyred

Legendary Member
Oops, sorry, wrong sort of Golf 1600-volkswagen-golf-gti-mk1-002.jpg

fimm

Veteran
I've never tried to play golf, but I enjoy watching it - I enjoy watching most sports, to be honest.
My boyfriend occassionally plays golf, when he isn't training for an Ironman triathlon or an ultramarathon or something. I'm tempted to give it a go, just to keep him company as he's lacking playing partners at the moment.

007fair

HD TV, US Masters, British interest, Red Wine, Honey Roasted Nuts - ingedients for a decent evening if the wife allows.

what is Bubba short for ?

What kinda Golf was it? I had a MK1 Campaign, it could corner like spiderman climbing a wall, someone has restored it to concours now. Then a Mk2 GTi, in volcanic red, brilliant in snow believe it or not. Not that quick by today's standards, I guess.
Back in '92-'93 I had an '81 3 door MK1 Golf Driver in Mars Red, although in true tradition it had faded to more of a Sunburst Orange.

It had the golf ball gear knob, cowled clocks, and wheel arch extensions etc. If I'd had access to a garage I'd have put in storage and kept it, but I didn't and had to sell it :cry:

Terry Kay

Only a lowly MK3 1.4, but she's got over 180k miles and still plodding on! Got a friend with a MK2 8v GTi I helped him replace the front bumper on.. That's a nice car..

Top Bottom