The happy "nothing bad happened on my commute" thread ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

Another easy ride in.

Wind less strong but still on my tail. Around freezing with some frozen puddles of lying water in the fields. Clatter of grit round mudguards.

Very few cars and no other cyclists as usual.

Noticeable stream of warmer air as I ride over M40 bridge on B4100. These are the places to stop for a breather in the colder weather.
Noticeable pool of cold air in Bronson's Hollow. The place NOT to stop for a breather.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Nothing special about the ride in this morning. However the plate of egg, sausage, beans, has brown, bacon, tomato, toast, mushrooms and marmalade, washed down with tea and orange juice that I got when I arrived was very much appreciated. And can only be justified by the 5 days of commuting that I did this week, and cycling to and from football on Monday.

Last night's copious quantities of Easy Rider made me realise that the beer is badly named - nothing easy about this morning's ride!!

So quite glad that there were no idiots to make things more difficult.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
brokenbetty said:
Very very quiet traffic though - anyone know why? Half term stating early or something?

Many schools finished Thursday.

Nice Crisp morning for me, no ice so out came the quick bike. Nice and light too, although still had lights on. Contemplated the long route in, but I've got a cold, and had some work to do for a meeting, so the extra 20 minutes were valuable.

Been to M&S at lunch for the Valentine's Dinner offer for this evening's meal.....just got to hope I can fit it all in my rucksack on the way home....:sad:

brokenbetty

Über Member
Quiet this morning again. Had a couple of drivers wave me in front / hang back to let me past obstructions, and a few waves of acknowledgement as they passed. For some reason it was really heavy going up the hill today though, so kudos to the lorry driver who just hung back and let me take as long as I needed rather than forcing past and cutting me up.

Good trip both ways for a Monday morning. Even the lights changed for me. Only one bit of odd behaviour, a car stopped in the middle of the road just before a cycle lane that involves pulling across the road on a blind bend, left me a little nervous and unsure of whether he was going to suddenly set off as soon as I pulled in front of him, but he didn't.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Out and back through the park yesterday. First time this year that I have enjoyed this - ice on the ground and dark nights put me off the park route. Although would like to have seen some of the squirrels out and about today - was a bit quiet. Maybe all off on half-term?

Twanger

Über Member
I set the saddle on my Brompton a bit low when I set off, but I was able to solve the problem by stopping and raising it a bit. Other than that, no probs today. And there was actually a sunrise to watch today. Lovely!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Today I was filtering down the outside of a traffic queue, I was turning right a bit later. Traffic starts to move and a car starts coming past on my left, I see the window opening and think "here we go, a bit of driver wisdom.."

"Nice to see someone riding fixed gear" he said.

ACS

Legendary Member
Opened the curtains this morning, heavy ground frost and fog. Don’t mind the frost, but riding in the thick fog makes me very nervous. Suppose I am conscious of being rear ended my some moron so I took the car for the second time since 16 Jan. Got 2 miles up the road, the fog suddenly cleared but the temperature gauge was showing -5 deg C.
Immediately regretted my decision and I was surprised how much I missed my ride home. I think I have come to value the two 40 minute periods of ‘me time’ more than I realised.

brokenbetty

Über Member
Whoooo!!! I just shifted my foot position on the pedals and my whole body fell into place on the bike! It felt like I flew home - cranks whirling round in 4th gear faster than they usually do in 2nd (that's out of 5 BTW, not 28 :laugh: )

And I had my new extra girly pannier bag on for the first time today as well

38894.jpg

One of my colleagues saw me riding in the other day and asked if it was possible for my bike to be any more girlie. I will have to tell him yes, amazingly it turned out it was!

Today I love my old bike :laugh:

Top Bottom