The horror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
BentMikey said:
So cool of you to have helped the other rider. Respect!

LOL, and I'm one of those that carries two inners *and* a repair kit. How do you rate that one?

that gets a thumbs up from me Mikey although, and I speak from experience here, it's good to keep up to speed on actually using the repair kit and keeping it fresh in there

as for stopping to help, that's a given surely if someone's in any sort of trouble, especially a girl rowing with a bloke, he certainly changed his tune when I got involved

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Phew! Yeah, I tend repair tubes until they're unrepairable, as well as using the on-bike repair kit to repair them at home. Can't be relying on gear I'm not using regularly.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
uh huh

I had my first puncture for years and years about a year ago, yanked out the kit with confidence and found the solvent tube was rock solid

yello

Tynan said:
the solvent tube was rock solid

I had that happen to me a few years back. Fortunately, I had some of those Park Tool quick patch thingies so I was able to get home. I always carry a spare tube (or two) now. I'll also plead guilty to not checking the state of my repair kit... despite that incident, I still don't. I have no idea how long a tube of glue lasts before going off, or patches for that matter. Kits are cheap enough, maybe I should just replace every 6 months or so.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Arch said:
That's a bit unfair. It was probably very upset to have let you down after all this time. And now it's lying there, in the bin. miserable. You could at least have got rid of it nicely. In fact, I think you should go and get it out and apologise.

Nah - viking funeral. A few good squirts o' lighter fuel, then torch the bugger. Send it out in a blaze o' glory...

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
in the smoke free zone?

madness

yello, how many pumps do you carry? (I'm still aghast at that btw)

Wolf04

So 2x Inners 2x Repair kits and some instant patches one pump and a CO2 inflator with 2x cannisters wouldn't be excessive then;)
And I wonder why my rucksack slows me down during commuter races:blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I carry a 6 foot square rubber sheet, scissors, big pot of glue, small diesel powered compressor and 6 artisan glassblowers with me...

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
co2 is gay, end of, what's that for, people too lazy to pump?

do they give you higher pressue than a regular pump?

Wolf04

Tynan said:
co2 is gay, end of, what's that for, people too lazy to pump?

do they give you higher pressue than a regular pump?
Oh God! Now I'm Fat Middle Aged and Gay:blush:
I like CO2 it's fast and I have more problems with pumps and Shrader valves than I care to remember!
P.S.
What's wrong with gay? Fat I can understand.

NickM

Veteran
Tynan said:
...had my first puncture for years and years about a year ago, yanked out the kit with confidence and found the solvent tube was rock solid
Do you always squeeze all the air out before capping the tube? I reckon it lasts a lot better that way.

I always carry an unopened one anyway, because the kits come with nowhere near enough patches to use up all the solution...

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
it's entirely likely that I don't, suppose, it only happened the one time after a long period of time

as for patches and solution, they're both used and replaced as and when, rather like the fabled broom, all I still have as original is the box, even the levers are replacements, I had two sorts of patches and the rough bit on the back of the box for the chalk is as smooth as a baby's bum, have to use a crumpled and not very sandy piece of sandpaper for that

under the circumstance I think a bit of a revamp of the kit is in order, new solution anda fresh piece of sandpaper anyway

I know nothing about co2 and anyone feeling gayed can relax, it was a quip, some of my best friends really are gay, so what pressure can you get from co2?

booze and/or shagging would have been very welcome, liked barfly a lot

Top Bottom