The horror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Score one! I can't believe anyone really took you seriously on the gay comments, besides which I was joining in on your humour given my username.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
you can't be to careful these days, anyway, a straight bat is always the best tactic

'bent' is a seriously old skool word for that sort of thing these days, and if it helps, I've never thought of you as a gayer, other than the tales of lycra and showing off your genitals and skating

Wolf04

Tynan said:
i

I know nothing about co2 and anyone feeling gayed can relax, it was a quip, some of my best friends really are gay, so what pressure can you get from co2?
lot
Sorry never took it as anything else, I was being fattist! CO2 cannister easily reachs 100+psi with 700x28 tyres, am writing this from home as I decided to have a flyer and enjoy the sunshine with gay abandon!
Pete

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
I've no idea what that word is

charming trip home in steadily heavier drizzle, the new descente tights are defo for warmer weather than today, very smart blue though

anyhow, last two miles, rolling nicely down hill to the outside of parked cars, a parked 4x4 signals and then pull away from the kerb, knew he would and steered round him and gave him my best hard stare

5 seconds later a double toot of the horn from his direction, I thought that can't possibly be meant for me, through the lights and tearing up the hill, someone's shouting something, there he is two lanes to my right, window rolled down shouting across his passenger seat, only caught 'no right to' in quite a tirade of shouting

heaven knows no right to what, the road? pass him? stare at him? not let him out?

I despair, why does it always have to be 4x4s?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Tynan said:
I despair, why does it always have to be 4x4s?

Over on the CTC site they seem to think its always Fiestas.....

As to what p* remedies we carry.

I carry 2 spare tubes a Blackburn minipump and a Decathlon CO2 pump, with 2 cartridges. I could use the Blackburn, but the CO2 does it quicker (16g - approx 120psi in a 700 x 23).

I bought a pack of 10 inners from CRC, so when I get home its just a case of patch it at the weekend and stick a replacement good 'un in the bag.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
the descente were ok, I'm naturally comparing them to the dhb ones that have a bit of a lining to them, they'll be grand when the weather gets warmer fo sure

most def not short sleeve weather dawn sarf

I'm listening to the co2 facts, I don't mind pumping but 100psi isn't on the cards, hmm

perhaps this is why no-one had a pump, perhaps I'm a lo tech peasant

Plax

Guru
I carry a puncture repair kit, a mini pump and some tyre levers. I have no idea how repair a puncture. I have read about it, but would probably still take me about an hour to figure out what to do :blush:

Tynan said:

3 pumps....Ironically I needed one.Got down to the bit after work and tyre was flat.Taking a risk now.It got me home but the threaded bit on the valve which you tighten up after pumping the tyre up got a bit bent by the pump or one of them and now it's broken off.Cant be arsed now as im too tyred and I have (another) chest infection.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
blimey

fixed the spare tube, tasty hole it was too, all so easy in the front room with a bright light and a comfy chair and a sink to check the tube

good exercise because the 'new' old skool pump was horribly useless and that drove me to find the new pump that's nice and compact and actually works

tidied up the kit and it's good for at least two more patches although the lid has snapped off, 'fixed' with two elastic bands to hold it on

tweaked the brakes, the adjusters are stripped and the rims are very concave, any adjustment to the brakes is a matter of adjusting the cable length

suspect that bike really is beyond economic repair as the LBS keeps telling me

Top Bottom