The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
must have been a wet race
Good job the frame has mudguard eyes. :laugh:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I posted this Carlton in the eBay thread.

Well the same seller has these:

£20 start Dawes:

s-l1600.jpg

An Eddy Merckx frame for £100 start:
s-l1600.jpg

And two road bikes for £20 start each: first and second -

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

All of them seem ... past it? :wacko:

atalanta

Theres a field not far from me, quite a large field and the farmer has built himself a fence all round it with bicycles sort of woven together.Most of them look in better shape than these three ^_^
Oh man, please take a photo and post it!

woodbutcher

Veteran
Just looking at the three bikes made me think it would be great if someone made a tv show to show bikes like these being restored, lots of shows for home, room and furniture make overs but i have never seen one for bikes?
Great and can the first instalment be "How to remove ancient tubular tyres and clean up cruddy rims!" Second instalment, "How to fit new tubular tyres without covering yourself and the dog with glue" Aaaargh!

davidphilips

Veteran
Great and can the first instalment be "How to remove ancient tubular tyres and clean up cruddy rims!" Second instalment, "How to fit new tubular tyres without covering yourself and the dog with glue" Aaaargh!

Lol, Know what would be even better for first 2 installments?
First how to get wife to remove ancient tubular tyres and clean up cruddy rims!"
Second "How to get wife to fit new tubular tyres without covering the dog with glue".

woodbutcher

Veteran
Lol, Know what would be even better for first 2 installments?
First how to get wife to remove ancient tubular tyres and clean up cruddy rims!"
Second "How to get wife to fit new tubular tyres without covering the dog with glue".
Its a plan, or cover the dog with glue, and order clinchers !:cuppa:

Top Bottom