The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Well I am glad that The River Calder is a little cleaner than it was before:laugh:.

Any of these would be a real test of @Drago 'S oxalyic acid

Yes! There could be all sorts of good stuff in in we can come over and "save"
When it stops raining l will take some photos and l promise not to enhance them by inserting my own "genuine" fence bikes ^_^

midlife

Guru
Im guessing that Tufo is more of a comment than a suggestion for a type of glue, could be both l suppose :cuppa:

Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic. Tufo is "tub tape" and us a lot easier to use than glue. Back in the 70's I tried tub tape but never liked it. This modern stuff is way better :smile:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tufo-tub-tape-for-road-wheels/

tufo-road-tub-tape-med.jpg

There's a few you tube video on how to use it, need a pencil as well lol

Shaun

woodbutcher

Veteran
Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic. Tufo is "tub tape" and us a lot easier to use than glue. Back in the 70's I tried tub tape but never liked it. This modern stuff is way better :smile:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tufo-tub-tape-for-road-wheels/

View attachment 355389

There's a few you tube video on how to use it, need a pencil as well lol

Shaun
Brilliant....l'm relieved about the tape option. l wasn't looking forward to glue etc. I confess that l am a tub virgin (no not a tubby virgin) and this is for my lovely new Moser so l really want to get it right. Oddly neither the Faggin or the Coppi are blessed with tubs :cuppa:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Ive ordered a couple of rolls but not their own tyres. l wonder if l should or chance it with another make. I see they don't guarantee the tape unless you use their own tyres but maybe thats just a sales pitch !

woodbutcher

Veteran

woodbutcher

Veteran
Helps you stick down the tape in a straight line as you put it on the rim. As I'm unsophisticated I use a finger :tongue:
One of your own l assume ^_^

midlife

Guru
Can't wait for that first ping. Mind you l haven't ordered any tyres yet, l can't decide which would be the most suitable and not the most expensive.

Vittoria Rallye can do the job.

vittoria-Rally-550x366.jpg

About fifteen quid discounted, they are a bit hit and miss and not always round :smile:

Corsa SC about £50 ...

Shaun

woodbutcher

Veteran
Vittoria Rallye can do the job.

View attachment 355564

About fifteen quid discounted, they are a bit hit and miss and not always round :smile:

Corsa SC about £50 ...

Shaun
Thanks Shaun, that seems like a pretty decent price, l'm going to take a trip to the store in Cahors for a look, always a dangerous thing to do as usually end up with other essential things that l didn't know l needed:rolleyes:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Thanks Shaun, that seems like a pretty decent price, l'm going to take a trip to the store in Cahors for a look, always a dangerous thing to do as usually end up with other essential things that l didn't know l needed:rolleyes:
In the end l bought a pair of Continental Giro for just about 1€ more than the Vittoria.

Top Bottom