The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Original listing says it needs ''some'' tlc. So if it really is in good condition remains a question.
Like @midlife I think that's the real deal.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This one appears to have an extra '0' in the price: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-raleigh-medale-racing-bike/183946934154

s-l1600.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Some sellers are totally clueless. They will price something at ten times it's realistic market value and then just keep relisting it ad infinitum when it predictably fails to sell. With 3% inflation, it will be a long time before the general price of stuff catches up with that listing!
There's a couple of silly listings I've been keeping an eye on where the bike must have been up for sale for over a year now. You would think the seller might take the hint that their price expectation is a trifle unrealistic. I doubt that Medale would have even cost as much as the modern day equivalent of £350 when new. They were very much a low-end model, just like my old Arena was.

There's a couple of silly listings I've been keeping an eye on where the bike must have been up for sale for over a year now. You would think the seller might take the hint that their price expectation is a trifle unrealistic.

Just curious to know whether one of those listings is the same Bates I keep watching? :smile:

Top Bottom