The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
This is kinda cool in a Buck Rogers'y kind of way. It was on Ebay recently and I was interested up to 25 quid as its still only hideous acryllic. Anyway it went way past what I was prepared to pay and sold for 46 quid. A week or so later and boom, its back, at a hugely inflated price, having a proper giraffe this joker.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-CAST...250322?hash=item2113de3492:g:JbAAAOSwbsBXmLV9

So if he gets that price what does that make you?

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Cheap, well out of touch with the value of acrylic, and someone that thinks instantly reselling something at over 5 times the price you got it for, even using the same photos and description, is a bit of urine extraction of the highest order, I suppose, thats why I posted it here:whistle:

screenman

Legendary Member
Cheap, well out of touch with the value of acrylic, and someone that thinks instantly reselling something at over 5 times the price you got it for, even using the same photos and description, is a bit of urine extraction of the highest order, I suppose, thats why I posted it here:whistle:

Making a profit should not be considered wrong.

OP
OP
mikeymustard
So if he gets that price what does that make you?
@screenman would you pay that for it?
I think the guy's a chancer who's hoping some dopey Nathan Barley type's gonna ride his Chopper (Mk1) out of Dalston and hand over real money for a shiny suit that's defo not 250 spuds cool.
If someone puts a bike on ebay for a grand that you know he's only gonna get a couple of hundred for, does that make him an entrepreneur or an idiot?
[if this jacket sells for £250 please ignore everything I said :whistle:]

I think the guy's a chancer who's hoping some dopey Nathan Barley type's gonna ride his Chopper (Mk1) out of Dalston and hand over real money for a shiny suit that's defo not 250 spuds cool.
If someone puts a bike on ebay for a grand that you know he's only gonna get a couple of hundred for, does that make him an entrepreneur or an idiot?

£250 to look like Jimmy Saville !!!

Shaun

screenman

Legendary Member

No I would not pay that for it as I do not like it.

I have no problem with people taking a chance and making a profit, if somebody does pay £250 for they will only do so because they want to. So then the original seller sold it for less than it was worth, maybe they should have done some more homework.

This is kinda cool in a Buck Rogers'y kind of way. It was on Ebay recently and I was interested up to 25 quid as its still only hideous acryllic. Anyway it went way past what I was prepared to pay and sold for 46 quid. A week or so later and boom, its back, at a hugely inflated price, having a proper giraffe this joker.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-CAST...250322?hash=item2113de3492:g:JbAAAOSwbsBXmLV9

Still for sale
Funny thing is, I can't find any anywhere else for sale

OP
OP
mikeymustard
Spotted this one - nearly made my eyes pop out - $1000 and it's been turned into a fixy!
And it must be extra valuable cos it's got reynolds and columbus stickers on it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-R...4d9891&pid=100009&rk=3&rkt=10&sd=291834154161
Good news is: it's free postage!
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: mjr

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Spotted this one - nearly made my eyes pop out - $1000 and it's been turned into a fixy!
And it must be extra valuable cos it's got reynolds and columbus stickers on it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Raleigh-England-Team-Record-Road-56cm-Cycle-Frame-Frameset-Bike-Bicycle/262482136221?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=37474&meid=65cb61b69c054663ac427e9a3a4d9891&pid=100009&rk=3&rkt=10&sd=291834154161
Good news is: it's free postage!
s-l1600.jpg

Think I'd rather have a front brake than a back brake too !

I

Top Bottom