The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Spotted this one - nearly made my eyes pop out - $1000 and it's been turned into a fixy!
And it must be extra valuable cos it's got reynolds and columbus stickers on it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Raleigh-England-Team-Record-Road-56cm-Cycle-Frame-Frameset-Bike-Bicycle/262482136221?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=37474&meid=65cb61b69c054663ac427e9a3a4d9891&pid=100009&rk=3&rkt=10&sd=291834154161
Good news is: it's free postage!
s-l1600.jpg

You should be able to take it back to 'standard' for about £500, then it'd be worth about £200.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
chain's slack…

OP
OP
mikeymustard
Not the seller having a laugh here, but a previous owner has, ahem, customised it! :laugh::laugh::banghead::banghead: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Seller being quite subtle about how he describes it:

"sadly it has suffered the attention of an idiot with a paint brush"

s-l1600.jpg

Outlining the lugs really brings out their beauty don't you think?
Underneath the unique (!) paint job there's a pretty nice bike!

U

User32269

Not the seller having a laugh here, but a previous owner has, ahem, customised it! :laugh::laugh::banghead::banghead: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Seller being quite subtle about how he describes it:

"sadly it has suffered the attention of an idiot with a paint brush"

s-l1600.jpg

Outlining the lugs really brings out their beauty don't you think?
Underneath the unique (!) paint job there's a pretty nice bike!
I'm not wasting money on some fancy lug lining pen, this 4 inch paintbrush will do the trick!

stevevw

Guru
Searching that there ebay for my latest addiction of first generation Dura-Ace I found a NOS chainset without bottom bracket but in the original box for the bargain price of £900!!!!!! I had better start searching for a safe to put all my NOS Dura-Ace stash in.

midlife

Guru
Searching that there ebay for my latest addiction of first generation Dura-Ace I found a NOS chainset without bottom bracket but in the original box for the bargain price of £900!!!!!! I had better start searching for a safe to put all my NOS Dura-Ace stash in.

Oh no! I have competition on getting first gen Dura Ace stuff :smile:

Shaun

OP
OP
mikeymustard
saw that, surely no one would pay that for it!

stevevw

Guru
I have bought a NOS Dura-Ace 1st Generation Chainset with bottom bracket boxed complete bar the inner ring for £150 NOS Inner ring in packet was £30
I have almost bought another complete set boxed for £220 but as I had 3 used sets stashed I resisted. To me £220 was just enough to make me think, do I really need this. Which I did not so hence why I resisted. On the other hand If i was desperate for say the black version to complete a build I would go to £250 so 1/4 of the ebay listing. Not that I am desperate for the black version as have three of those too.

davidphilips

Veteran
steve, maybe consider selling one of your own chainsets to cover the cost of a black chainset? either that or just stop looking or you will buy a black set and have 4 chainsets.

Top Bottom