The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That's my old bike which I sold earlier this year on eBay for £200 :blink:

The only thing he's done is to swap the leather Selle Italia saddle for a different one.

He also bought the DBS Winner I was selling - I can't see that in his current or sold items so it's either still to be sold or dismantled and being sold as parts.

That's a good profit margin

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Too nice to be a Falcon. If it's a Quinn it should have a Q number made of an O and an L stamped to look like a Q.
It has an M prefix. Real Quinns have the Q made from an 0 and a 1 (I have two of them).

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
That's my old bike which I sold earlier this year on eBay for £200 :blink:

The only thing he's done is to swap the leather Selle Italia saddle for a different one.

He also bought the DBS Winner I was selling - I can't see that in his current or sold items so it's either still to be sold or dismantled and being sold as parts.

In your opinion then, as you were the owner, is it a real Harry Quinn or did you sell it as something else?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@Paulus - I sold it as a Harry Quinn using the same description as when I'd bought it 18 months previously. The previous owner had owned the bike for many years, along with others. It came without a seatpost or saddle and I changed the outer chainring for usability along with the brown bar tape shown in the eBay advert. Even after the work done I still made a decent profit and sold simply because I didn't like riding it all that much.

Do I think it's a Harry Quinn? Probably. And it may be a very early one. My buyer clearly knows something about them - he requested quite a number of additional photos of frame points before bidding.

Is it worth £1500? I very much doubt it is.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
£550 for an XL size old 501-framed Peugeot - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186224546007 - :laugh:

s-l1600.jpg

What are these? Ptarmigan eggs?
1704820185217.png

Top Bottom