The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

It's akin to offering a turd on a plate with a little flag in it for a grand, upon the steadfast assertion that it's caviar.

It implies that the seller is - at best - highly untrustworthy, and that they think their prospective buyers have the observational skills and intelligence of a potato. It's them standing directly infront of you, urinating freely over everything in sight and declaring with unshakable conviction that it's raining.

It's an absolute affront to those the advert seeks to target and I can't begin to imagine the seller's mindset if they genuinely consider this to be the most appropriate and efficient approach to flogging this absolute turd.

Quite tempted to send them a message now, tbh :tongue:

You're definitely not a fan.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
It's akin to offering a turd on a plate with a little flag in it for a grand, upon the steadfast assertion that it's caviar.

It implies that the seller is - at best - highly untrustworthy, and that they think their prospective buyers have the observational skills and intelligence of a potato. It's them standing directly infront of you, urinating freely over everything in sight and declaring with unshakable conviction that it's raining.

It's an absolute affront to those the advert seeks to target and I can't begin to imagine the seller's mindset if they genuinely consider this to be the most appropriate and efficient approach to flogging this absolute turd.

Quite tempted to send them a message now, tbh :tongue:
The seller might honestly consider this bike “ in great condition and very well kept “ you haven’t seen the state of his other bikes . :laugh:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
You're definitely not a fan.
Is it that obvious? :tongue:

The seller might honestly consider this bike “ in great condition and very well kept “ you haven’t seen the state of his other bikes . :laugh:
Perhaps. I get that everything's subjective to an extent, but how anyone could consider that description accurate / legitimate is beyond me..

Chris S

Legendary Member
Must be the same guy who set the "originally sold for" prices at MFI in the old days

I remember walking through there once and seeing a basic wooden deck chair - the type made of 2 rectangle and some fabric
Priced at £10 - previously sold at £49
£10 was high in those days!!!!

They were always having sales that were about to end as well. As soon as they did another one started!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Some bellend is requesting five hundred and fifty Great British Pounds for this abomination:

358483424_6452718391512019_6669018080637981086_n.jpg

At the heart of this comedy escapade appears to be a cheapo '80s frame (as betrayed by the obvious crankset and "SIS" monikered RD hanger) that's been relieved of its finish.

On top of that we have a very tired looking Brooks saddle and an admittedly desirable, but entirely incongruous Shimano 600 groupset.

I wonder how much extra grips and paint would be.. :blink:

midlife

Guru
Too nice to be a Falcon. If it's a Quinn it should have a Q number made of an O and an L stamped to look like a Q.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Last edited:
Top Bottom