The human race astounds me at times...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
It really does. The wife and I went camping with the dog child over the bank holiday weekend. We always take our bikes, and now dog trailer, when camping as we like to park up the van and not have to worry about moving it unless absolutely necessary. Any shop trips, pub trips, dog walks, etc are done by bike with the dog in her trailer in tow. As my wife's bike is electric, she normally tows the dog and I follow behind making sure the dog doesn't find a way out of the trailer. When out on my own, or even with just the wife, I lose count of amount of close passes, punishment passes, shouts, gestures, and general misconduct from drivers. The minute you are towing a trailer with a dog attached, every pass is nice and wide, people are taking photos, pointing, and smiling. All because the dog is in tow, with her head poking out, and sometimes front paws resting on the cross bar, looking cute as hell. As if an animal's life is worth more than a human... I hate people

C R

Guru
The different attitude towards animals and humans is interesting. Like someone said, the RSPCA is royal, but the NSPCC is only national.

Drivers attitude is one of the reasons I do my long rides early, the idiots tend to still be in bed by the time I am back.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Off to Kickstarter. New cycle safety innovation. Trailer with animatronic dog.
Make it an animatronic Border Terrier puppy and it will double up as a 'babe magnet'! :whistle:

I spent an hour with my sister's Border Terrier pup in Hebden Bridge recently and was immediately swamped by women, about 10 spontaneous conversations in an hour. That is 5 times the number of women who had approached me in the previous 27 years of living here! :laugh:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Could be the new nodding dog. Remember those?

Oh Yes :whistle:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nothing to do with dogs really but has anybody else noticed that when you're out and you encounter women walking they almost always favour you with an odd crooked half-smile? Not a full-on "hello" smile but more a sort of "well done but you look a bit bonkers" smile?

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Nothing to do with dogs really but has anybody else noticed that when you're out and you encounter women walking they almost always favour you with an odd crooked half-smile? Not a full-on "hello" smile but more a sort of "well done but you look a bit bonkers" smile?

Yes, I’ve noticed that on occasions. Like to think it’s because they’re overwhelmed by my animal magnetism.

Top Bottom