The "I don't understand it" brigade

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by mustang1, 16 May 2018.

1. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

I have an annoyance with the "I don't understand" brigade. They say things like:

1. I don't understand. The cyclist went straight through the red lights and I still caught up with him.
    Answer: well maybe that cyclist isn't as strong as you and needs to keep their average speed high to make any progress.

2. I don't understand why cyclists can't fix their own punctures.
    Answer: some cyclists just aren't inclined that way. Can you fix your own car/computer/airplane or are you just a user of said machine?

3. I don't understand where all these summer cyclists go in winter. If they don't ride in winter, they shouldn't be allowed out in summer.
    Answer: you selfish git. Some people just don't like the cold. Whatever.

4. I don't understand why some people have to drive 5 minutes to the shop when they can ride in 10.
    Answer: because to get to the shop and back takes 10 mins, and to ride takes 20. And you don't get sweaty either.

5. I don't understand why people need a big massive Range Rover and the only off-roading they do is to mount the kerb.
    Answer: they didn't buy the RR (or whatever 4x4) to go off-roading. To them, it's just a car.

6. I don't understand why people think their rules are correct. They should abide by my understanding of the rules.
    Answer: get lost.

Milzy, gavroche and Dayvo like this.
  2. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

I don't understand most things, according to mrs roadrash

mustang1, User259 and classic33 like this.
  3. colly

colly Re member eR

Understanding is the sole preserve of the understander. Hence ................I understand everything.

mustang1 likes this.
  4. postman

postman Legendary Member

I don't understand lots of things but at 68 i just don't care.

5. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

I don’t understand people who think turbos are rubbish because it’s not on tarmac and there’s no wind resistance. They think by riding out in the snow and ice they’ll be better than their mate Dave who’s put in hard hours of structured training on his cyclops hammer. Rant over!

mustang1, Jimidh and Heltor Chasca like this.
  6. Dave7

Dave7 Veteran

[QUOTE 5246123, member: 259"]I don't understand why people create threads about people who don't understand what other people object to creating threads about it. :wacko:[/QUOTE]
    I dont think I understand what you dont understand about what he doesnt understand.
    Please let me know if you understand what it is that I dont understand.....cos I dont think I understand.

7. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Je ne comprend pas!

CrinklyLion likes this.
  8. AndyRM

AndyRM Guru

I've not got a TV.

colly, nickyboy, Dirk and 4 others like this.
  9. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

So? I've not got an iphone.

And if I had one, I wouldn't be able to understand it.

10. AndyRM

AndyRM Guru

Whoosh.

dantheman, theclaud and TinyMyNewt like this.
  11. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

That’s right. That’s the default sound for ‘Email Sent’ on an iPhone. Go into settings and you can change it to something more conservative.

Moodyman likes this.
  12. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

There's just one thing I don't understand, why does a bowlegged woman loves a knock-kneed man?

KEEF, Oldbloke, Fnaar and 2 others like this.
  13. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

I will tell you what I don't understand....Chinese writing

Milzy likes this.
  14. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

He went for a ride - this is the purpose of a bicycle. All the rest is only flim flam .

Milzy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice