The "I don't understand it" brigade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I have an annoyance with the "I don't understand" brigade. They say things like:

1. I don't understand. The cyclist went straight through the red lights and I still caught up with him.
Answer: well maybe that cyclist isn't as strong as you and needs to keep their average speed high to make any progress.

2. I don't understand why cyclists can't fix their own punctures.
Answer: some cyclists just aren't inclined that way. Can you fix your own car/computer/airplane or are you just a user of said machine?

3. I don't understand where all these summer cyclists go in winter. If they don't ride in winter, they shouldn't be allowed out in summer.
Answer: you selfish git. Some people just don't like the cold. Whatever.

4. I don't understand why some people have to drive 5 minutes to the shop when they can ride in 10.
Answer: because to get to the shop and back takes 10 mins, and to ride takes 20. And you don't get sweaty either.

5. I don't understand why people need a big massive Range Rover and the only off-roading they do is to mount the kerb.
Answer: they didn't buy the RR (or whatever 4x4) to go off-roading. To them, it's just a car.

6. I don't understand why people think their rules are correct. They should abide by my understanding of the rules.
Answer: get lost.

I don't understand most things, according to mrs roadrash

Milzy

Guru
I don’t understand people who think turbos are rubbish because it’s not on tarmac and there’s no wind resistance. They think by riding out in the snow and ice they’ll be better than their mate Dave who’s put in hard hours of structured training on his cyclops hammer. Rant over!

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5246123, member: 259"]I don't understand why people create threads about people who don't understand what other people object to creating threads about it. :wacko:[/QUOTE]
I dont think I understand what you dont understand about what he doesnt understand.
Please let me know if you understand what it is that I dont understand.....cos I dont think I understand.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've not got a TV.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I don’t understand people who think turbos are rubbish because it’s not on tarmac and there’s no wind resistance. They think by riding out in the snow and ice they’ll be better than their mate Dave who’s put in hard hours of structured training on his cyclops hammer. Rant over!

He went for a ride - this is the purpose of a bicycle. All the rest is only flim flam .

Top Bottom