The "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
My favourite Humph into, "When I talk about Colin Sell, people always ask about the old maestro, unfortunately it's failed its MOT so he's had to come on his bike." :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
Teamfixed

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Can I just clarify whether stations with escalators are out of order are ‘Wild’ in this game?

You obviously have not read the rules properly

A modern adjunct to the Ancient and Modern Rules. In this version play starts at Fairlop. If at any point of the game a player lands on an underground station with operational lift service he must return immediately to Fairlop. If he lands on an elevator however, he is quickly catapulted to Chalk Farm Road.

You may also like to revisit the "street level rules" (faulty elevator wild rule was revoked)

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
You obviously have not read the rules properly

A modern adjunct to the Ancient and Modern Rules. In this version play starts at Fairlop. If at any point of the game a player lands on an underground station with operational lift service he must return immediately to Fairlop. If he lands on an elevator however, he is quickly catapulted to Chalk Farm Road.

You may also like to revisit the "street level rules" (faulty elevator wild rule was revoked)
Apologies, I only have the abridged version of the rules. I appreciate that under the Kingston Convention of 1973 that is not an excuse and consequently I'll miss a turn.

OP
OP
Teamfixed

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
@Fab Foodie
Very decent of you.
Here's a hint to get you back on track
The Burlington original rules state that "all WC postcodes count as double" (although no consecutive WC code is allowed)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Correct me me if I am wrong but I believe that Stovolds reversal would apply in those circumstances.... because there is the possibility of a river crossing triangulation?
Missing a turn maybe the only way out of it.
In that case, would Kew gardens be a conservative measure (disabled access notwithstanding)?

Top Bottom