The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was thinking the same TBH, was hoping the meeting would be an hour at most & maybe acceptable :blush: That's me out then for this year, won't be riding tomorrow & I'm away all day Saturday :sad:

It's not so much the meeting rather then the stopping at home.
I'm loath to not allow your ride, but as I have said before. If we stretch the rules for one then we will have to stretch the rules for others.

13 rider

Guru
October's done 116 miles in the company of @Supersuperleeds . Leicester ,Derby ,Burton on Trent and home ,A tough day headwind for spot of itand rolling terrain but made easier with company . Nether of us would have got it done today without the other much miles pass much easier with company

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I also got Octobers in the bag nice and early.
I met up with @jayonabike and a couple of his chums. I think it's been over 2 years since I last saw Jay. I left home this morning at 6.45am to a fine drizzle, but it was mild. It rained the whole way up to Euston station where I got the train. Meeting Jay & chums in Apsley it was still raining but it didn't last long. It proved to be a thoroughly enjoyable day and ride. Even the rain at first and the mucky country lanes didn't spoil it. Jay chose and absolute cracker of a route. Rolling country lanes with some great views. A fair few thigh busting climbs and some awesome descents (51.1mph max) I do really love the cycling in that part of the country. Back to Kings Langley, train back to Euston and I knocked out the miles to home to make up the imperial century. Mucky bike is now clean again, thank gawd for mudguards :smile:

It's really good to see Jay back on the bike and enjoying his cycling. It's like he's never been away. Cheers mate.

So scores on the doors.
Century # 29 for the year, Century #226 over all and the 83rd century month in a row.
011017.jpg

20171001_132337.jpg

20171001_135904.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I also got Octobers in the bag nice and early.
I met up with @jayonabike and a couple of his chums. I think it's been over 2 years since I last saw Jay. I left home this morning at 6.45am to a fine drizzle, but it was mild. It rained the whole way up to Euston station where I got the train. Meeting Jay & chums in Apsley it was still raining but it didn't last long. It proved to be a thoroughly enjoyable day and ride. Even the rain at first and the mucky country lanes didn't spoil it. Jay chose and absolute cracker of a route. Rolling country lanes with some great views. A fair few thigh busting climbs and some awesome descents (51.1mph max) I do really love the cycling in that part of the country. Back to Kings Langley, train back to Euston and I knocked out the miles to home to make up the imperial century. Mucky bike is now clean again, thank gawd for mudguards :smile:

It's really good to see Jay back on the bike and enjoying his cycling. It's like he's never been away. Cheers mate.

So scores on the doors.
Century # 29 for the year, Century #226 over all and the 83rd century month in a row.
View attachment 376495

View attachment 376497
View attachment 376498

Lazy bugger, you've cut and pasted that from the your ride today thread, or t'other way around. :tongue:

51.1mph max :notworthy:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Did October today. Perfect weather, after a very cold start.

A bit more climbing than usual, including visits to the Cotswolds and the Forest of Dean on either side of the Severn Estuary - 127.19 miles.

Oct6mapa.JPG

Oct6elea.JPG

For the first time in a while it really felt as though the legs would go on for ever. However, I'd chosen to ignore the ominous signs of a developing cold; my eyes often stung (they're now pretty bloodshot) and at times I felt like curling up and going to sleep. But with that sort of route I there were plenty of places where I could've cut it short, but from quite a long way out I was pretty sure I'd complete what I set out to do.

My standard treatment is a hot toddy or three. I've already started.

Just November and December to go now then.
I made sure I got the October one in before the clocks go back, it means there are only two months with a possibility of a dark out / dark back bit, rather than three at this end of the year.

I was supposed to ride with a few mates today but the route planner dropped out so I hastily planned a ride last night for the rest of us. Most folk bailed out half way, two bailed out before the start and only me and another went to the cafe. So after 60 miles with him I went out and done another 45miles.
View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/18271007

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Ten down, two to go.... was planning to go to Salisbury, but the making-it-up-as-I-go-along routing went slightly awry, so I turned back east about seven miles from there, I had time in hand to get the ton done and back before the deadline of six, so that was easier. Not 'easy', this part of the world is emphatically not flat! 100.4 miles done, home at just about half-five, which was nice.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
The weather for Wednesday/Thrusday/Friday this week is looking extremely benign. That's according to the Met Office site, my usual source.

No so good on Saturday it seems, so this might not help everyone.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The weather for Wednesday/Thrusday/Friday this week is looking extremely benign. That's according to the Met Office site, my usual source.

No so good on Saturday it seems, so this might not help everyone.
I did a ton today even though my September ride wasn't valid, I'm off all week & just looked at forecast, Thursday seems best round here, so hoping for another day pass :okay:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
November done at the first opportunity, 117.31 miles in perfect weather. I've heard of a lot of people talking about boosting their climbing lately, and since last week's ride out of my comfort zone in Devon went well, I decided to go for it on some of my familiar hills (plus one or two unfamiliar ones). I ended annoyingly short of 2500 metres (2418 on RwGPS) but it's still comfortably a GPS PB.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Same here. Did something completely different, though on roads that I (mostly) ride frequently. Headed towards Winchester, had Salisbury in mind originally, but decided to turn back east just short of twenty five miles. Back to Portsdown Hill, down to Havant (lunch stop at Tesco). East to Chichester then south on a whim to Selsey, simply because I hadn't been down there in ages. Back home via Southsea seafront to make the mileage up. Bit slow (11 mph average) but the wind wasn't terribly helpful in any direction.

Top Bottom