The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Despite leaving it till the last day of October, I decided not to keep my imperial century a month going. After my 'off' on 2 Sep (at 120+ miles) I left it as long as I could and then managed (steadily, flat and sunny) 100+km (last Friday) but 100 miles would have been too far, too early. Well done to all left 'in' for 2017.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Despite leaving it till the last day of October, I decided not to keep my imperial century a month going. After my 'off' on 2 Sep (at 120+ miles) I left it as long as I could and then managed (steadily, flat and sunny) 100+km (last Friday) but 100 miles would have been too far, too early. Well done to all left 'in' for 2017.

Sorry to hear that. I think you did the right thing, getting back to full fitness before embarking on the longer ones.
Next year is just around the corner.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Sorry to hear that.:sad: I hope you've recovered enough to come back fresh for next year.:okay:

13 rider

Guru
Probably the right decision if extremely frustrating but you did remarkable well to recover and get the 100 km ride in

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Good stuff all you peeps getting your rides in nice and early. Moving home this weekend so no long rides for me. Planning to get it done next weekend.
Now you see, if the rules allowed stops at your homes (sic) you could have done relays and moved some of the gear :smile:

rb58

Enigma
Nailed November's today, despite a very dodgy right knee which has kept me off the bike for a couple of weeks. The annual Veteran Car Run from London to Brighton. Hats off to the Penny Farthing riders, the guy on the very early Safety - the frame was made of solid cast iron, so no marginal gains there. But top prize goes to the chap on the Bone Shaker - the first one I've ever seen on the road. I really doubt he would have made it to Brighton, but hats off to him for trying! A fabulous ride - put it in your diaries for 2018.

Top Bottom