The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Probably wise.

Doing the ride on the Brompton might have irretrievably ruined your relationship with it.

Although I was rather hoping 100+ miles would have helped you find the Brommie love.

Unfortunately there will be no Brommie love. We just don't get on.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Unfortunately there will be no Brommie love. We just don't get on.

That's a shame.

Although as you know, a Brompton is about the only bike which fetches good money nearly new.

I expect you could sell it in days from an ad on here, without having to bother advertising it elsewhere.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Making the challenge more challenging?

To add a bit of spice, a few months ago I started looking at climbing stats. Could I find a qualifying ride from each month where the accumulated climbing through the year (not in each month separately - I failed that in January) is at least one mile for each 100 miles ridden?

I found I wasn't that far off, and having done a big climbing day in November I now don't have to do anything out of the ordinary in December. That's using RwGPS's version of events. On Strava I've left myself a little too much to do :scratch:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Change of plan from me. Tomorrow looks very chilly with quite a strong wind while Saturday looks like being wet here (depending on which forecast you look at). Sunday or Monday look more promising so I'll wait 'til then since I have the option.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Change of plan from me. Tomorrow looks very chilly with quite a strong wind while Saturday looks like being wet here (depending on which forecast you look at). Sunday or Monday look more promising so I'll wait 'til then since I have the option.
I'm opting for the no rain/minimal rain version, and I'll be out tomorrow. The combination of an almost total lack of wind and relatively benign temperature is surely too good to miss.

I did get out today, but only a few hundred yards to road-test a couple of replacement chainrings.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Well done everyone.:bravo:

Hopefully I won't be too far behind - the forecast looks reasonable for tomorrow. (Crosses fingers).

Just got in from the final century challenge ride of the year, 103 miles down to Bournemouth and back, that’s a full house for the year. It’s been tougher to get enough time to do all the rides I’ve done this year ( as I set myself a target of 20000 miles this year) It’s still just about do- able, but I’m happy with the current 18.5 000 ( ish) as that’s a circumnavigation of the globe.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Trickedem and I are having a half way Full English in Tiptree. My legs are pretty tired as a result of several weeks of no cycling whilst my knee recovers. Just the return leg to complete now.
It's just popped up on my FB feed. We did the exact same ride same weekend last year.
How where the turkeys?

Well done everyone.:bravo:

Hopefully I won't be too far behind - the forecast looks reasonable for tomorrow. (Crosses fingers).
That forecast (here at least was a tad wrong) but that's me done. I went out on a wee recovery ride, of about 8.5miles, to meet some mates. I was then meaning to take it easy after a hard session yesterday, it didn't work out that way and I was on the front more often than not 48miles ride at 17.9mph, I then topped it up to circa 100miles.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/19392842

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
December done so I have the full set for 2017.:wahhey:

Based on the forecast wind direction I went for the "easy" option of a fairly flat route round north Shropshire. 107.12 miles. Incredibly muddy on the section from Gobowen to Welshampton. Ran out of energy at about 85 miles and was glacially slow for the last 17 miles but it's done.:dance:

Ride report to follow - possibly tomorrow as I have a load of alerts to catch up with.

Top Bottom