The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Done it! :wahhey::wahhey:

Roads were wet when I got up so did it on the Tricross, Was windy and whenever I headed in a southerly or westerly direction it was hard work. 103 miles in total, will post more details in your ride today thread in a while.

http://www.strava.com/activities/230778550

@ianrauk - can I have one of those pretty little stars please, I feel like I've earned it ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Done it! :wahhey::wahhey:

Roads were wet when I got up so did it on the Tricross, Was windy and whenever I headed in a southerly or westerly direction it was hard work. 103 miles in total, will post more details in your ride today thread in a while.

http://www.strava.com/activities/230778550

@ianrauk - can I have one of those pretty little stars please, I feel like I've earned it ^_^

Nice one fella...Welcome to the club.
Please PM Shaun hand he will add to your signature

BigGee

Thanks for asking Ian, but unfortunately it is not going to be this year.

For all your amusement, I actually had a 10 x 15 cm cyst removed from my left testicle! It was nothing nasty, but as you can probably imagine was getting a little bit uncomfortable, especially on the bike. The wound unfortunately has not fully healed up yet, so no riding for me until the new year at least. Hopefully if you see me riding next year, I will be sitting a bit more comfortably in the saddle!

I could actually have had it done three months ago, but decided to put it off to try and complete the challenge this year. It was not to be, but anyway this was always going to be the best time of year to have a break and apart from being shocked at the rate that I am putting on weight, a rest probably does you no harm from time to time. I have had much longer breaks through injury and illness and am fairly confident that I will be back riding again soon and so am not really worried about it.

Despite not completing it, I have very much enjoyed the challenge and fully intend having another go next year. I probably need to think a bit more about some of the rides to keep them varied and interesting though. maybe a few more place to place rides rather then endless loops around Essex. I am also thinking about doing the Cape Wrath to Dover diagonal route next year as well as I have not done a proper tour since I did JOGLE 5 years ago, which properly kick started my cycling renaissance. So as always new challenges await.

Anyway, well done again to everyone who completed the challenge this year and good luck to all who are going to give it a go in 2015. Happy new year to you all as well.

For all your amusement, I actually had a 10 x 15 cm cyst removed from my left testicle!
Sorry to butt in, but I hope you are confusing cm and mm, because what you are describing larger than this
IDShot_225x225.jpg

And I don't think you could have waited 3 months to have it removed.

Either way, very good luck with your recovery.

BigGee

More than one person has asked me about the cm v mm thing and I can only say that it was cm and as the surgeon told me. I knew it was a decent size but not that big! A bit like an iceberg, a lot more beneath the waterline.

A cyst is effectively an enclose viscous type of fluid that will take on a different shape once it is removed from its enclosed space and I kind of imagine that is what they were referring to, it is quite different to a solid tumour.. I can assure you that you can get some pretty impressive swellings down there though. I am a nurse by trade and I have seen a few!

I am just glad that mine is out..

sittingbull

Veteran
@BigGee what you've described is pretty eye-watering :eek:. Well done on getting as far through the challenge as you did :thumbsup:

A little bit of puppy-fat won't do you any harm at this time of year. Put your feet up, have a rest and come back stronger, you'll know when ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom