The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thanks Norry and Ian its good to have a focus to get some miles in.

Good luck for tommorow or later in the month @Supersuperleeds :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well that's me at the table, met some friends just after dawn, then rode 65-70 miles with them dodging Ice and then did another 30miles
https://www.strava.com/activities/242800023
YR Reliability Ride2.jpg
YR Reliability Ride3.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Still waiting to get my year going, and frankly not looking good. Went out today aiming to get it done... Forecast was for a northerly wind, so I went north hoping to feel the benefit on the return leg. Problem was I started off slow, stayed slow, average quickly dropped below 10mph where it stayed all day. I have absolutely no idea why- bike seemed OK, I was eating enough....pass. 72 miles in 8:36…I've done tons quicker than that. Forecast for next weekend looks rubbish, and if it is on the 31st, game over. Hrmph.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Still waiting to get my year going, and frankly not looking good. Went out today aiming to get it done... Forecast was for a northerly wind, so I went north hoping to feel the benefit on the return leg. Problem was I started off slow, stayed slow, average quickly dropped below 10mph where it stayed all day. I have absolutely no idea why- bike seemed OK, I was eating enough....pass. 72 miles in 8:36…I've done tons quicker than that. Forecast for next weekend looks rubbish, and if it is on the 31st, game over. Hrmph.

Fingers crossed you get it done.

Banjo

Good Luck Stu.Im sure
you will get the speed back.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Thanks gents. Last month I didn't get a ton in was Feb 2011 (after two in January). If I don't, I don't- though I'll obviously aim for at least one a month for the rest of the year anyway.

sittingbull

Veteran
Well done guys :thumbsup:

8 hats in the ring (so far) is an impressive start to the challenge especially given the current cold spell.

What's the story with the snapped chain @Supersuperleeds ? - I've never managed to snap a chain and it would be a nightmare scenario, pitch black in the middle of nowhere losing a chain. I really should carry a chain tool :whistle:

Last edited:

Banjo

Last edited:
Top Bottom