The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Welcome back in the challenge @sittingbull

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think this may have ended before it started, the weather is atrocious and about 4" deep in snow here and is forecast till weekend.

That's a bugger. Sorry to hear that.

Our little SE London/Kent decided last year that we should knock out the monthly rides as early in the month as possible for the very reasons you state above. Bad weather. Down 'ere we have very few day's when bad weather is just too bad to ride, so we are quite lucky in that respect.

For this weekend we have a planned ride, and looking at the weather report it's going to be cold, but sunny, cloudy later in the day.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think this may have ended before it started, the weather is atrocious and about 4" deep in snow here and is forecast till weekend.
Hmm ... it isn't too bad down here in the valley. You could always ride up and down the A646 all day! (If you could get down to it ...)

So, are you going to be 'just_fixed' in the same was as @totallyfixed is - only riding fixed, except when you are not, or have you got rid of the Bromptons and are now genuinely just going to be riding fixed? :laugh:

I think the forum name 'mostlyfixed' is still available, if you want to grab that. I was thinking of changing mine to 'neverfixed' or 'scaredoffixed' ...

Hmm ... it isn't too bad down here in the valley. You could always ride up and down the A646 all day! (If you could get down to it ...)

So, are you going to be 'just_fixed' in the same was as @totallyfixed is - only riding fixed, except when you are not, or have you got rid of the Bromptons and are now genuinely just going to be riding fixed? :laugh:

I think the forum name 'mostlyfixed' is still available, if you want to grab that. I was thinking of changing mine to 'neverfixed' or 'scaredoffixed' ...
To be fair I only ride fixed 95% of the time :smile:, the name does have more than one meaning.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

It's about 6" deep up here. Snowed in all day and it's still snowing. I'm just building my snow bike now an 'all City nature Boy" in purple. It's stunning.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

Penultimate Brompton is going to its new owner on Saturday. The remaining one is the wife's and it lives on her turbo and visits the coast once or twice a year.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's about 6" deep up here. Snowed in all day and it's still snowing. I'm just building my snow bike now an 'all City nature Boy" in purple. It's stunning.
It still hasn't settled down here. There are a few patches on the hill behind my house but even the ungritted backstreets are clear.

That's the first time I have heard of the All City Nature Boy. Nice frame/forks, but I have never liked cantilever brakes.

Top Bottom