The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hopefully in the last week, weather/gritters permitting :cold:

oooh leaving it late.
Fingers crossed for good weather.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not happening I'm afraid. Had to take a night shift so I can get my hours in, I'm running out of time if I want to participate. Bit gutted really as tomorrow's supposed to be good temps and little wind for this time of year.
Bad luck. I hope you can squeeze one in at the last minute.

The temps were ok today, but there was actually a chilly, blustery wind blowing for much of the day which made the downhills cold, and occasionally a bit startling (sudden gusts of crosswind).

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Not happening I'm afraid. Had to take a night shift so I can get my hours in, I'm running out of time if I want to participate. Bit gutted really as tomorrow's supposed to be good temps and little wind for this time of year.
Good Luck hope you can squeeze one in in whats left of the month.
I work nights and know how much it wipes you out.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Just noticed I have gained an unearned century star . Should only be one there unless @Shaun is so confident in me that he has added this years allready ^_^ (I wish I was so confident )

iLB

Hello there
Thinking to try and squeeze one in on Tuesday. Been a while since the last, 2013.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
And I'm up and rolling. Weather forecast for today, after looking pretty bad at first, got better during the week, so decided to go for it. Dry, not too cold, lightish winds. Opted to make life as easy as possible- hence rather than last week's uphill loopiness, the flatter than a flat thing run to Brighton and back (never once came off the 50t ring) , and the weapon of choice was the Viner. Headwind on the way home slowed me down a bit, but still way, way faster than last week. Ton reached at the last right turn for home!

BigGee

Well done to all embarking on this years challenge. I am happy to say I am back in the saddle again with everything hunky dory in the southern hemisphere department. Unfortunately though, work seems to be getting somewhat in the way of life at the moment and I am not managing anything other than commuting at the moment, so no chance of joining you this year.

So a slightly more leisurely start to my cycling year for me this year. I am going to try a few sportive rides in the spring when the weather gets better, including the Dragon Ride, 240 km round South Wales. I will give me a bit more to get my fitness levels back. I have only really done the Ride London 100 of this sort of format before, so it will be nice to try some different styles of ride in different places. I am also planning to do a Cape Wrath to Dover north west to south east diagonal in September. I am also planning on treating myself to a new bike as well, which I should have by the time the weather starts improving and should get me out on the road if nothing else does!

I hope to maybe tag along on some of the FNRttC style rides as the year goes on but am also going to take a bit of a break from night riding this year as well and so won't be doing to many. Good luck with the century's and hopefully see you out on the road this year sometime.

BigGee

Thanks Ian, it is a nice ride that one, I know those roads well, living in Woodford Green and ride them regularly, a lot of my centuries last year were variations of routes around there. I have already got a couple of rides down for May though, am doing the London Cycle sportive on the 7th may and the Chiltern 100 on the 31st. I don't think I can get another weekend free. A shame though as it sounds like fun. Hope the weather stays good for you and you enjoy the ride.

sittingbull

Veteran
oooh leaving it late.
Fingers crossed for good weather.
:becool:

Popped out on Monday afternoon, through Wales, stopping off after about 45 miles at the Parish Church of St Dunawd, Bangor-on-Dee to eat my sandwich:

church.jpg

note to self: remember to drink.

Then it was on to Ellesmere, turning around shortly afterwards:

ellesmere.jpg

Then it should have been a direct route reversal, only it was too dark to see the Garmin (back-light off) and I assumed I was going the right way :banghead:

No harm done, just a few extra miles (both ways).

Temperatures dropping but a pleasant ride home:

dark.jpg

note to self 2: set off earlier

111 miles done and another contender in the challenge :biggrin:

Top Bottom