The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
So welcome to @Edwardoka to the 2015 challenge making 14 riders.

So hopefully this weekend means that everyone get's their qualifying ride in.
@Norry1
@Soltydog
@Dave 123 (hope you're feeling better bud)
@iLB (post your March ride in your thread will ya?
@Edwardoka

I looked in my crystal ball.... the weather for the weekend isn't great, so I have tomorrow off! I think I'm fit thanks Ian. I'll let you know tomorrow!

iLB

Hello there
@ianrauk is that ok?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Well I've finished work now for a while, but been suffering with flu, 7 miles yesterday was a struggle & with the weather forecast over next few days it's gonna be a struggle :sad: Was thinking of cycling to my parents in Bradford on Tuesday, which should be around the ton mark, but heading into this strong westerly wind might put me off :blush: I could get a train over to the west & just ride the wind back home, or is that cheating :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well I've finished work now for a while, but been suffering with flu, 7 miles yesterday was a struggle & with the weather forecast over next few days it's gonna be a struggle :sad: Was thinking of cycling to my parents in Bradford on Tuesday, which should be around the ton mark, but heading into this strong westerly wind might put me off :blush: I could get a train over to the west & just ride the wind back home, or is that cheating :laugh:

Not cheating at all.

sittingbull

Veteran
This might be:

sailbike.jpg

Norry1

Legendary Member
I have Sunday set aside but the forecast is heavy rain and 25mph wind from the west! The "plan" is to ride 50 miles west into the wind, then turn around and come back.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have Sunday set aside but the forecast is heavy rain and 25mph wind from the west! The "plan" is to ride 50 miles west into the wind, then turn around and come back.
Check the wind gusts too, wind is forecast to be 25mph here, but gusting close to 50mph, making it quite dangerous on a bike :sad:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Gusting to 34 mph here today according to met people. That was enough to need me to use lower gears even to go downhill.

Friday looks ok if anyone can skive off.If I had to ride on the weekend I would consider a 100 mile train journey going somewhere West then wear the baggiest windproof jacket for the cycle back. Maybe not in the true spirit of the challenge but would be far more fun ^_^

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I once did a circular route starting at Machynlleth inland first then back along the coast road. In 60 odd miles we had about half a mile with a tail wind. seems impossible but it happened.It then snowed (early October )as we arrived back at the campsite. Happy days ^_^

Top Bottom