The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
....And I did. Winds today supposed to be the lightest of the week, and as it was westerly I planned out a route heading into it for the first half. Still quite blustery and hard work at times but fairly nippy non the less. Glad to get it done and dusted, the usual SMRbtH from Brighton almost certainly won't be happening (fifty miles into a 15mph wind? I think not...).

Nice one Stu, another one in the bag.

I am hoping the wind isnt too fresh on Saturday as the second half of Making Hay audax is basically heading into the expected SWly wind.
Not sure what thje best tactic is, Ive been trying on kit today to find my least flappy jersey that will still actually zip up.

Other than that I think I will just try and get a bit of time in hand early on then dont waste time at controls.

I have the added incentive of a retirement party I hope to get to saturday evening. Its possible i may be the only one sat down to dinner in a sweaty audax cymru jersey .^_^

rb58

Enigma
....And I did. Winds today supposed to be the lightest of the week, and as it was westerly I planned out a route heading into it for the first half. Still quite blustery and hard work at times but fairly nippy non the less. Glad to get it done and dusted, the usual SMRbtH from Brighton almost certainly won't be happening (fifty miles into a 15mph wind? I think not...).
Nice one Stu. Fortunately, the wind will be on our backs for the SMRbtH for those of us heading back to Kent tomorrow morning. That makes a change! See you tonight.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If I'd just headed north instead, with this wind I could probably have been in the Lake District in about the same time.:laugh:

It was the Friday Night Ride last night, From Londonto Brighton. It was a huge headwind all the way to Brighton. Reaching the top of Ditchling beacon the wind was vicious. Really strong. Took your breath away.

On the way back home however... 55 miles of Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Did Making Haye 200 km audax today.

Flew up to haye in record time but found the second hsalf tough with lots of short sharp climbs and a headwind.

Got back before the cut off time but only half an hour to spare.never thr less I was pleased to have a succesful ride and thats march imp. Century in the bag .it made a pleasant change not having to wear 20 layers and not fretting about ice.

Good luck to those who havent done a march qualifier Yet.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
March done, was hard work but at least it didn't rain, Did a good 50 miles of it on roads that I haven't ridden before

https://www.strava.com/activities/267911125

Dave 123

Legendary Member

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm struggling for time at the mo :sad: 1st of 4 days off, but we've had friends over, off to Reading tomorrow, kid duties on Tuesday & then been asked to work Wednesday :blush: Can't get a full day's riding in over next 2 weeks, so I'm gonna be cutting it fine, just hope weather is good at end of month :rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes. And I remember you "liking" it too!

http://www.strava.com/activities/257929210

My plan was to do one this weekend but I've been battered by flu all week. The one advantage is that my knees may have a had a rest!

Righto, memory of a goldfish :-)

I don't do Strava.

Can you update your challenge log with the ride.

Flu is a bugger, had it over christmas. Hope you are over the worst of it.
Cheers.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm struggling for time at the mo :sad: 1st of 4 days off, but we've had friends over, off to Reading tomorrow, kid duties on Tuesday & then been asked to work Wednesday :blush: Can't get a full day's riding in over next 2 weeks, so I'm gonna be cutting it fine, just hope weather is good at end of month :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed...

@Norry1 @Soltydog @HLaB @sittingbull
What's the plan for March's qualifying rides guys? If you are not out today that is.

@Dave 123
Did you complete February's qualifying ride?

@iLB
Post your March ride you lazy person
Done it last week and never had time to post did 115 yesterday too but it was broke up between two rides and sitting on the sofa for a couple of hours :okay:

Top Bottom