The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
@Norry1 @Soltydog @HLaB @sittingbull
What's the plan for March's qualifying rides guys? If you are not out today that is.

@Dave 123
Did you complete February's qualifying ride?
I've thought about it :tongue:
Just haven't had all gadgets and gizmos charged at the same time with a suitable opportunity.
My route is planned and shall be into Wales again, hopefully.

@Dave 123 I thought you missed Feb too, sorry, glad you're still in ^_^ I think your Feb link in the challenge thread needs tweaking :smile:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I've thought about it :tongue:
Just haven't had all gadgets and gizmos charged at the same time with a suitable opportunity.
My route is planned and shall be into Wales again, hopefully.

@Dave 123 I thought you missed Feb too, sorry, glad you're still in ^_^ I think your Feb link in the challenge thread needs tweaking :smile:

I think I just did tweak it. Hopefully next Saturday I'll be out and about!

sittingbull

Veteran
I don't think he needs any ;)

Its over in the other thread now but I got sent to a meeting in Glasgow, so I thought I'd take my bike; not to the meeting but to use the meeting for an excuse for a long weekend home. A bit annoyingly it was 30-50mph winds all weekend :-(
Anyway I set off into 40mph winds, following my nose and In search of Some Hills. It was hard work but was going well as I snaked up through Fife to get some cover from the wind and then tackled Logie Kirk, then bimbled off West, to be blown home. Then I realised I could make a ton of this and ended up at Callander but shortly after turning south to find some more hills, the side wind was too much for my wonky rear derailleur (replaced it tonight) and to keep enough tension in my chain I had to stay in the 52t big ring. I was heading for the Crow and Tak Ma Doon roads but I was a bit worried about running out of light and doubled back to a main road to Stirling. I would have preferred a quieter road but I knew I'd have a strong tail wind so wouldn't be on it long. Decided then to take a flatter way back. Then formed a two up with another cyclist on the last hill. I was then thinking about another hill or two but it was then twilight so I headed straight home but sods law it stayed light for ages.

So:
105.3 miles in 7:36:09 (13.8mph average) with 6,133ft of climbing and a max of 34.1mph.
Dunfermline, Crossford, Cairneyhill, Oakley, Blairhall, Coalsnaughton, Fishcross, Alva, Menstrie, Logie Kirk, Bridge of Allan, Doune, Callander, Thornhill, Kippen, Fintry, Kippen, Stirling, Menstrie, Alva, Tillicoultry, Dollar, Saline, Wellwood, Dunfermline.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The plan was to do a big ride tomorrow, but for the past 2 weeks I've had a virus/flu that has knocked me for 6!
I'm not over it yet. I've been feeling a bit pants again today. 6-7 years ago Mrs Dave was off work for a year after doing too much during/ after a virus, so as a result we're really wary of doing too much whilst it's still in the system.

I plan to ride tomorrow, but only 30 miles to see how it goes. All being well I may squeeze my ride in next weekend.

Top Bottom