The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I trundled my way round December's qualifying ride today, earning a fourth star.

The ride also completed an Audax RRtY (subject to validation) and fulfilled a long-standing ambition to ride 365 centuries in my lifetime, so a pretty significant day!

Pretty damned tired. I'll probably wake up around 3 and put something, hopefully coherent, in Your ride today...

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I trundled my way round December's qualifying ride today, earning a fourth star.

The ride also completed an Audax RRtY (subject to validation) and fulfilled a long-standing ambition to ride 365 centuries in my lifetime, so a pretty significant day!

Pretty damned tired. I'll probably wake up around 3 and put something, hopefully coherent, in Your ride today...
Absolutely nailed it. Very well done. Impressive. That's the RRtY

But 365 centuries. :eek: Outstanding. I hope you're stoked and out celebrating 🕺

Or having a nice hot shower, something to eat and a nice contented sleep. ^_^^_^^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Congrats chap. Great achievement. A well earned gold star right there.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Well done @Aravis. 365 centuries - :ohmy: :notworthy:

I got my December century in yesterday with what I thought would be an easy ride round a variation of my mid & north Shropshire route. It started off fairly well but I had cramp problems yet again then found late in the ride that I'd misjudged the mileage when I'd decided to take a detour earlier on, so that meant adding miles when tired at the end. Hard work and slow again but I've completed another year.:wahhey:

Will get the write up done shortly.

Edit: ride report now here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-5811553

Last edited:

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl

I got my December century in yesterday with what I thought would be an easy ride round a varitation of my mid & north Shropshire route. It started off fairly well but I had cramp problems yet again then found late in the ride that I'd misjudged the mileage when I'd decided to take a detour earlier on, so that meant adding miles when tired at the end. Hard work and slow again but I've completed another year.:wahhey:

Brilliant Phil, so much harder with adversity but you didn't give up. ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

I got my December century in yesterday with what I thought would be an easy ride round a varitation of my mid & north Shropshire route. It started off fairly well but I had cramp problems yet again then found late in the ride that I'd misjudged the mileage when I'd decided to take a detour earlier on, so that meant adding miles when tired at the end. Hard work and slow again but I've completed another year.:wahhey:

Well done Phil. Another well earned gold star.

gavgav

Guru

I got my December century in yesterday with what I thought would be an easy ride round a variation of my mid & north Shropshire route. It started off fairly well but I had cramp problems yet again then found late in the ride that I'd misjudged the mileage when I'd decided to take a detour earlier on, so that meant adding miles when tired at the end. Hard work and slow again but I've completed another year.:wahhey:

Edit: ride report now here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-5811553
Well done, another great achievement for the year

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Absolutely nailed it. Very well done. Impressive. That's the RRtY

But 365 centuries. :eek: Outstanding. I hope you're stoked and out celebrating 🕺

Or having a nice hot shower, something to eat and a nice contented sleep. ^_^^_^^_^
Thanks @Cranky Knee Girl. My usual post ride routine is to wash hands and face (and knees if wearing shorts), eat, sleep, followed by a wonderful long soak in the morning.

Needless to say I followed this to the letter!

Good luck on Saturday. It looks as though the weather should be reasonably kind, perhaps a headwind picking up in the later stages. I'm sure you'll brush it aside! By signing up for a calendar Audax in December you're already infinitely braver than I'll ever be. :notworthy:

I got the last ton of the year completed today. We’re nearly at the shortest day of the year, so I thought I’d better get it done, before the light really lets me down. It was a similar route to last month’s, with a couple of 2 mile diversions due to roadworks and serious accidents. It wasn’t too cold, the sun shone for most of it, but there was a hell of a headwind on the outward leg, fortunately that was a tailwind on the return. My power meters were playing silly buggers again, and they were reading half power, they probably need another hard reset ( take batteries out, put batteries back again ). It’s nice to get another year done though. On to 2020 now then. :okay:

Trickedem

Guru
Did mine too, so second to finish, a mere 25 days earlier than last year. First of the month, no nights out/AOB this weekend, weather forecast as good as it's probably going to get from here on in, so it would have been rude not to. Decided to stay close(ish) to home in case of any problems, especially as all train options were bus-shaped (!) so did the old commute route (and yes, I have cycled it, there and back) as far as Botley, then north to Owselbury, back down to Portsdown Hill, east to Barnham, back west, then a loop down to Southsea and back for the last few miles. Wind definitely added a chill but not too unhelpful heading into it. No ice down here, thankfully...
Well done Stu!

Top Bottom