The justice league of camera cyclist ride out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I recognise Droid, is the one in hi viz Sue Perb? I don't think much of his signalling or general roadcraft.

Re: cyclist vs motorcyclist, the bit where he gets stuck is hilarious, but the important bit is the cyclist's remark right at the end about escalation...

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
And iirc got caught out lying about an altercation with a driver on here.
An interesting thread. Will go find and have a re-read.
Link please

Tynan

Veteran
It mean be a little bit off the beaten track but his cause is just and from what I've seen he's always right if a little petty, nearly everyone on here grumbles about driving and courtesy but takes the piss at someone actually addressing it and doing something about it, I saw him on the evening news once.

And I'd be fairly sure he/they have an idea that they're seen as a bit odd. God knows I see enough idiots on bikes every single morning.

RedRider

Pulling through
I agree with the above. He gets an overly hard time on here in my opinion. I get there's a feeling his behaviour reflects badly on cyclists and has a negative impact and I'm sure it slices that way with some non cyclists too but I'm equally sure others find his antics amusing and reflect on what he's trying to do.
It takes all sorts to add to the general noise required for cycling to reclaim its place as a viable way of getting about for more people and sometimes the most unlikely things make a positive difference.
His heart's in the right place. I say long live the nobber.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
OK, so I take back the "bellend" comment and I do agree that what he's doing is for the right reasons. The problem is, if you're going to video people and post the results online, you need to make sure your cycling is beyond reproach. Most of Droid's videos make me wince.

Drago

Legendary Member
He's always right? Excuse me, I need to go and change my Y fronts as I just laughed so much a bit of pop came out.

As for the reasons he does it, what he would like us to think, what he himself thinks, and what subliminally actually drives him to do this are probably 3 completely different things entirely.

J1888

Über Member
I think some of the personal bile directed at the guy seems a bit much.

Aye, what he does is more than a bit odd and you can disagree with him, but no need for insulting him, you're all supposed to be adults, right?

J1888

Über Member
He's always right? Excuse me, I need to go and change my Y fronts as I just laughed so much a bit of pop came out.

As for the reasons he does it, what he would like us to think, what he himself thinks, and what subliminally actually drives him to do this are probably 3 completely different things entirely.

You could make money out of that.

Top Bottom