The justice league of camera cyclist ride out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
What a pair of
Thick-Cut-Bread-600x449.jpg

Attachments

• Thick-Cut-Bread-600x449.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 39
    41.8 KB · Views: 38
    41.8 KB · Views: 26
Traffic Droid has been knocked down.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6ibr7zfb8

(Nasty, but I assume he is basically OK, at least well enough to get the vid uploaded)

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Christ- what a lunatic driver! Hopefully that will have been their final fare.

Yes. looks like the taxi driver took offence at the hooting and stopped for a chat, sotw rode on by, apparently not keen on explaining himself and the driver came too close to have round 2 of the conversation, its muffled but sounds like 'whats your problem' as the taxi shoulder barges him off his bike. Poor car control I suspect rather than a deliberate attack, but either way, I wouldn't want to be in or near that cab.

From what the vid shows the first pass was too close and deserves looking at by the licensing authority, but cyclist with an agenda coming tooled up to fight a ton and a half of vehicle with an airzound is only going to have one winner when (not if) they meet mr angry.

I suspect if sotw reports it to the cops, the driver will have good grounds to claim provocation and the accident only happened because sotw didn't stop when it would have been easy to do so & driver felt forced into a risky manoeuvre by the cyclist hooting and then just riding on by when he'd stopped to ask if anything was wrong.

PK99

Legendary Member
The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. .......

Origamist

Legendary Member
I hope SOTW is OK.

I'd be very surprised if the police/CPS don't act as there is little justification for the first pass which was too close and no justification for the dangerous and abysmal driving that caused the collision. Of course, the cabbie will say it wasn't deliberate (which it certainly appears to be) but he'll still have to justify attempting an overtake, whilst passing parked cars, in the face of oncoming traffic and hitting another road user (who does not appear to change his lateral position), as he did so. Driving without due care and attention should be a stick on, but who knows.

I reckon this video will have hundreds of thousands of hits within a week.

PS Left brake light not working?

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'd be very surprised if the police/CPS don't act as there is little justification for the first pass which was too close and no justification for the dangerous and abysmal driving that followed. Of course, the cabbie will say it wasn't deliberate (which it certainly appears to be) but he'll still have to justify attempting an overtake, whilst passing parked cars, in the face of oncoming traffic and hitting another road user (who does not appear to change his lateral position), as he did so. Driving without due care and attention should be a stick on, but who knows.
I think I'd need to see the unedited footage in order to make a judgement on any of those points.
I reckon this video will have hundreds of thousands of hits within a week.
Sounds lucrative.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I think I'd need to see the unedited footage in order to make a judgement on any of those points.

Sounds lucrative.

Why? What are you struggling with when watching the redacted version?

Yes, I'm sure SOTW will be retiring to The Hamptons by Xmas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom